Part 13

Today was Friday....opening game which I was so excited for the girls were playing university of Dayton. It was currently 3:50 and we were at the xl center already as the girls wanted to do some more practicing before the big game.

"Hold on I want to get a shot of you girls coming into the stadium i know this is probably frustrating please work with me" I tell them before running into the court before them. 

"Okay yall come in" I yell loudly enough for them to hear and have some occupants turn. Paige paves the way as the girls interact with the camera I held. "Thank you" I say putting my camera away before they scramble off to listen to geno's instructions. Which I make sure to film because at this point I did not want to miss capturing any moments.

After the girls are instructed to go in and get settled down I go over to the coaches. "Where can I put my stuff down?" I ask Geno "right here sweetheart this is where we'll be standing the girls are right there as well you'll get easy access for shooting your content" he smiles "thank you" I say returning the smile to the very anxious coach.

"The girls are going to do great don't worry" I tell him patting his back before walking off to the locker room. "There you are" Paige says in front of me as I put my personal tote bag down. "Hi what's up" I say pushing some strands off of my face.

"Just looking for you" she shrugs casually making me laugh. "Okayyyy show her" Nika runs over to us excitedly. I laugh "okay p boogers don't be upset" I tell her as I take off my sweatshirt revealing my top.

I was wearing a mini blue denim skirt, some new balances with frill socks and a white t shirt with a small uconn wbb logo on the front, I turn around and show the back which consisted of a big uconn headline, full body shot of nika and a number 10.

Nika laughs and jumps in excitement "you ate this up twin" she says hugging me. "Not going to lie the outfit is tough but it'd be wayy better if that was a Paige Bueckers one I'm a little offended it isn't" she says.

"Nah boo I am too I thought we were like this" kk says holding her fingers that were crossed. "Yeah you're lowkey fake as fuck for that one" Caroline follows. "If I could rep all the numbers I would" I shrug.

"Or you could've stayed neutral" Paige says "you guys play for the same team" I exclaim making them laugh. "True but I'd play better if I saw someone wearing me on their tshirt" Caroline tells me putting her arm around me. "You do look good as fuck though" ice says "thanks bae" I say shooting over a kiss.

"Can you braid my hair?" Paige asks I nod as Caroline groans besides me. "What's wrong?" I ask "I'm tired I literally got no sleep because of how nervous I am for today and I don't want to get ready" "you'll be amazing now go get ready" I say kissing her cheek before she walks off.

"Okay sit down" i instruct so I can reach her hair better. "Girl where is the brush and the hairspray" "I'll bring it" kk tells me "thank you babes" I smile. "Unprepared already Bueckers" she laughs "how ya doing?" I ask her as kk puts the stuff down "thank you kk" she nods and sits on the sofa behind us.

"I'm not feeling too too bad i think Dayton is an easy win but I'm more nervous since it's my day back" I nod "of course first day jitters but you've done this for so long Paige it literally comes naturally or at least you do it very effortlessly" I praise.

"Yeah but there's also that pressure from all the other people" "screw the other people the game is for you and well maybe also think about the team and the coaches but besides that no one else should cross your mind well maybe your family too" I chuckle. "Wise words from Madeline" kk laughs.

"You too kk I'm so excited to see what you got girly pop" "they ain't ready huh kk" Paige asks turning her head. "Paige don't move" "they really aren't ready for me" she shrugs I laugh at kks bubbly personality.

——————

20 minutes before the game and all the girls were circled up with Geno in the middle and I was around taking their pictures not really paying attention to what he was telling them.

"Okay well I should probably go set up good luck girls ash,  q, ice, kk y'all better show out tonight for your debut and the rest of you you girls have been amazing before be amazing today" I smile "Bye hotties good luck" I tell them as I leave.

I make my way over to geo who was sitting down on his phone. "For someone who was very stressed an hour ago you don't seem too stressed anymore is it what I said" I joke.

"I wish I'm just trying to distract myself just a little" he says putting his phone away. "Well you really don't even do much on your phone" "Maddie sweetheart don't you have to go set up?" "Sorry sorry that was a joke, coach you really have nothing to worry about the girls have been coached endlessly by you they won't do anything but make you proud tonight stop worrying so much" I pat him on the back.

"Wise words ey" i laugh nudging him he just laughs and nods in disagreement. I go sit down and call liv real fast before the girls come out and I'm really put to work. "Hiiii I see you" she says excitedly. "Where?" "Behind you" I turn around and see her with familiar faces including a little boy holding a "we love Paige Bueckers" and it immediately clicks.

Paige's family. "That's Paige's brother" I tell her "I know I've gotten the pleasure to meet him and her dad" she smiles I wave over. "Well I wanted to see if you were situated which clearly you are" I laugh "of course thank you now have fun do great" she says with a big smile "you too love you liv" "love you too bye" she says sending over a small wave before I turn around and getting my camera out.

——————

"That's right John we have full stadium today in turn for the girls it really is a sight to see" the speaker says reciprocating the reporters voice. "It is so much support especially for Bueckers as it's her big return yet no sign of her next to her teammates"

"Girls where is Paige" Geno exclaims to them as I stand around nervously. "She just said to give her a minute" Aubrey covers. "I can go get her" Azzi says trying to calm coach down. "No I don't need another player wandering and getting lost Maddie please" he says I immediately nod "of course"

I quickly make my way to the girls locker room and find Paige sitting down on the bench with her head down. "Hey Geno is looking for you, are you okay?" I ask sitting on my knees in front of her to get a good look at her.

"Maddie I've never been one to scare but I'm so nervous what if I don't have that same performance" "girl you know damn well, you said it yourself easy win" I laugh at her nonsense while putting my chin on her leg.

"Paige you have so much talent, basketball literally comes natural to you and I have not one single doubt that you will be amazing now get your ass out there because I saw the cutest little boy sitting next to liv holding the most adorable sign for his sister" I say making her laugh.

"That's my girl now gooo Geno is pissed" I say moving my chin away. "Your girl?" She smirks I roll my eyes and let out a small laugh. "Kiss me" I tell her inching closer to her. She smiles and leans down pressing her lips onto mine while holding my chin with her pointer.

"Are you going to thank me again?" "Shut up and go play ms all star" she stands up "thanks Maddie for everything" I laugh at the fact that now she was the one thanking me and the blonde disappears into the tunnel.

I get up from the floor and check my appearance before heading back out with all the loud noises from the stands. I go over and grab my camera taking pictures of the girls while they make silly faces to the camera.

"Ouuu my sexy photographer repping me tonight all the shots I make are for you baby girl" Nika calls out and winks at me  causing a glare from Geno following a nod in disagreement with a small laugh.

"Can I have the freshman over here I want to take a first game day picture" I say excitedly. "You're like a team mom" ice says making us laugh. "Of course I have to get your first moments" I smile giddily at the four girls sitting together. "Cuties" I squeal before going and sitting down.