Part 1

Eight am and it is my first day back on the UConn campus, Junior year and I wasn't feeling horrible about it. This semester I had only taken up three classes; communications, public relations, and public speaking all back to back on Mondays and Wednesdays which don't seem bad at all.

Though today is supposed to be a celebrated day with friends as a hoorah of being back on campus I was solo as my best friend had decided to choose a 7am. But really it wasn't too bad I mean we had plans to go out after my classes ended.

My first class was communications which was not all that bad mainly introductions between the class and the professor, public speaking which we did indeed do so as there were more introductions. Last but not least was public relations. I had already taken the intro course so I knew my professor: Susannah Jones.

She was a great instructor and we had gotten really close as she had recommended me to many sick internships last year such as working pr for a new podcast for a social media influencer, shadowing marketing pr and even got to create content for some soccer leagues this summer. She was the reason I had really good opportunities.

I smile at her and go directly to a seat. A few minutes pass by and we start with introductions followed by going over the syllabus which quickly makes us run out of time. "Okay class don't forget your syllabus next class as we have yet to go over the last half" my professor says as she herself gathers her own things.

I get up from my seat and get ready to leave "Madeline can you stay" she says as I walk down the steps. I comply and stand by her desk as students quickly flow out of class. She smiles and embraces me in a hug "how are you" "I'm good how are you?"

"I'm doing well thank you for asking how's your first day" she says pulling away. "Good my classes are just more in depth major classes which is exciting and I feel like aren't as bad considering this is what I want to do you know" she nods not containing a smile.

"Oh my gosh I can't- so the women's basketball pr intern left.... Usually the schools have upperclassmen fill these spots to give them a good chance for practice and what better than to recruit one of their own... well last year was the the interns senior year meaning they had an open spot. Obviously I'm one person they come to to ask for prospects and I suggested you and you got it secured for your junior and senior year" she says excitedly

My eyes go wide and I'm left speechless "Susannah oh my goodness" I say hugging her tightly "thank you thank you so much" I yell pulling away from her. "No need you're my top student ever since freshman year, amazing grades you're the person for this and there's a little bonus you actually get paid for your time... sixteen an hour"

"Wow that's amazing I'm so excited I'm actually speechless I don't know what to say anymore" "you shouldn't say anything because you have to prepare... today is the girls first practice and I want us to go down there later today around 6 ish I'll introduce you to the coaches and leave you to do the rest"

"I'm so thankful for this truly you have no idea how much you mean to me for everything all the knowledge you've passed down, the help, pushing me to be better" I smile "you deserve it Maddie now go off I'll meet you outside of the training center at five fifty five okay no later" I nod "I'll be there thank you again" I smile hugging her "okay now go off i have a small break before my next class" she says walking me out.

I leave the building and immediately calling my older sister Marta which she picks up on the first ring. "Que Crees?" "Que pasó por fin encontraste una pareja?" I laugh "you never shut up do you" "you asked" she giggles "I just got an internship here with the UConn girl's basketball" I squeal.

"Oh my goodness Maddie that's amazing congrats I'm so proud of you love" "and there's more...it's a paid internship sixteen the hour and this is like an every day job for seven months" "Maddie that's actually amazing this will be your longest internship you'll learn so much this is going to open so many new doors for you I'm so proud of you".

"Thanks wow this is actually so insane" I say still not being able to believe this is an opportunity I had been so privileged of receiving. "Maybe you'll find a cute girl on the team" She smirks I flip off the camera "always have something to say" "So I take it your first day of school has been a success?" "Obviously" I cheese. "I'm glad make sure you call mom and dad tonight and tell them the news okay" I nod "okay love you" "love you too bug have a good rest of your day" she says blowing a kiss and we end the call.

My next person was obviously liv so I call her up "liv where are you?" I ask "I'm at the lawn with Matt we're waiting for you" she says turning the camera to her boyfriend "okay I'm heading over there now" "we shouldn't be too hard to find see you when you get here"

———

Lawn

"Boo" I say sneaking up behind my best friend and she startles. "Hi babe how was class" she asks standing up hugging me. "Amazing guys I got an internship with the women's basketball team" I smile she pulls me in for a hug again "Madeline that's amazing congrats" smiles and Matt embraces me in a hug as well "yeah that's really cool congrats we're proud of you"

"Gee thanks mom and dad" I say looking at the couple "when do you start?" Liv asks "today I'm going there at six" "soon" I nod "very but I'm so excited" "don't turn too jock on us" Matt says jokingly. "Yesss hopefully this is also an opportunity for you to branch out" liv exclaims excitedly.

"I hope so too seeing as no one here wants to be my friend all because of a stupid ass guy" I groan thinking back on my freshman year and a back then football player on the varsity team decided to mess around and have two girlfriends at once and I just so happened to be the other girl. After that no girl wanted to even be near me because they were convinced I was a boyfriend stealer.

"Okay happy memories only let's go celebrate with some drinks and shopping" liv says excitedly.