Part 6

I had just been done with my half day of classes and now heading to go to get an açaí bowl that I had been craving all morning.

"Madeline" I hear someone yell I turn around and see Paige running up to me along with a few stares coming from students around us. "Hi" I smile as she reaches me "hi are you done for the day?" She asks I nod "yeah I was just heading to get an açaí bowl you want to come with?"

"Ummm yeah sure I'll go" she says causally. "How was class?" I ask assuming it was her last class "uhm I didn't have class actually I was just around the building and spotted you" she says looking anywhere but at me "How was yours?" "Good comm with nika in the morning, public speaking was just my prof rambling on about anything and everything and then pr I started on a project" I recap my classes for her.

"What's the pro-" "Bueckers just the girl I was looking for" I look up and see a really pretty blonde girl standing in front of us. I look up to her and catch a better look and she was super pretty. "I'm having a get together tonight at the sorority and was wondering if you wanted to come" she smiles reaching to put one of Paige's strand of hair back.

"I think we have practice today don't we?" I turn to look up at Paige she just smiles and nods in agreement. "Well I wasn't talking to you" pretty and bad attitude noted. "Well I wasn't talking to you either I was talking to Paige"

"Besides you aren't even on the team" "She's actually our new social media manager so she kinda is" Paige defends. "Oh so you'll be taking pictures of me while I cheer her on during the games cute" the girl smiles "No actually I'll be the one having one on one sessions with her before and after the games oh and practices" I smile back.

"Whatever Paige what do you say?" She turns to Paige "I have practice" she shrugs "we'll be there late anyway plus kk already said she'd go... please" "I'll have to see after practice" "great I'll see you there pretty girl"

"She's cute...insufferable but cute" Paige laughs "you were totally jealous" "was not now let's go because I have to get my bowl and get you to practice in the span of two hours" I say looking at my phone seeing it was 12:35 and the girls had practice at 2:30.

"So what is this project about" she asks and I explain as we make our way to my car. We get in and turn the car on immediately greeting us with a loud Brent Faiyaz song blasting through the car. "Oop sorry" I burst out.

"There is no way you listen to music that loud" "It doesn't seem loud when I'm driving" I shrug. "Oh girl it's loud" she says making me laugh while I back out the parking lot. "Top three fav artists" she asks "um Taylor swift, Drake and Mac miller for sure" "Taylor swift bruh"

"You don't like her?!" "She's a little too overrated for me" "okay so is Drake and you love him... I'm about to get you cancelled" I joke "I mean she has bangers but like limited" "don't talk to me"

"Hey Siri shuffle my Taylor swift liked songs on Spotify" I say and keep driving. "Which açaí place are we going to" she asks while I keep quiet and my eyes on the road. "There is no way Madeline" she laughs.

————

We finally get to the açaí spot i grab my lulu keychain wristlet and hop off the car. "Are you going to want something?" I ask Paige finally cutting the silent treatment. "Finally" she groans.

"It was like a ten minute drive" I laugh "it felt like an hour drive" I giggle as I skip to the door of the shop and open it. "Go ahead" I tell her "thank you pretty lady" she smiles. "Welcome to earth crafts" a girl smiles from the counter. "Hi" I say going over to stand in line.

"What are you getting" she turns to me "I think a pb berry swirl" "pb?" "O my gosh those are your initials" I squeal. "A sign to get the same thing...you'll love it trust" i add. "Okay then that's what I'll have"

"So the girl who is she?" I turn to her recalling earlier events as we wait to put in our order. "She is Isabella, she's a cheerleader and has also been trying to get at me since my sophomore year" I look over to Paige "sophomore year?!" "Yup" "dedication props to her....uh how come you haven't you know"

"She's not my type and she's obviously not the best person" "so what is your type?" Paige laughs looking down at me "wouldn't you like to know" I laugh recalling a video. "You just reminded me of that video of the kid and the reporter" she starts laughing "oh the wouldn't you like to know weather boy" she laughs.

"You're so weird" she says to me "yet you still laughed" i smile. It was now our turn and I go to the counter "hi how are you girls" the cashier asks "good thank you how are you?" I ask "great thank you for asking what would you ladies like?" "Can I just get two pb swirls and two waters please" "ofcourse what will be the name for the order?" "Madeline" I smile.

"Great your total will be 16.39" I go to grab my wristlet to pull out my card when Paige moves me out of the way and hands the cashier hers. "Alrighty would you like a receipt?" "Nah that's fine" Paige answers "okay we'll call you when the order is ready" 

"You didn't have to" I tell her as we walk to a small table. "I wanted to" "thank you I appreciate it just don't do it again" I smile. "If I didn't you were going to" "duh I'm the one that invited you" "take it as a thank you for inviting me" I roll my eyes and laugh "you suck"

"Hey you're Paige Bueckers right?" A guy asks with a whole group of people they all looked pretty young maybe around 18 or 19. "Yeah hi" she says reaching her hand out. "My friend was wondering if you can take a picture with her she just didn't want to bother" he says pointing to a girl talking to another girl in the group.

"Oh for sure" Paige smiles getting up "sa come here she said yes" the guy yells obnoxiously making me laugh. The girl goes to Paige and they take a couple of pictures. "It was so nice meeting you you're so pretty" the girl says "thank you I appreciate it"

"Are you coming out to any games?" She asks "uh yeah southern conn" "oh sick opening night" "yeah it feels so far away though" she laughs nervously "no yeah it does but 2 short weeks and you'll get to see us play im excited" "I bet your first game back"

"Yeah I'm glad you're coming out to support I hope it's a good one" "I'm sure it will be thanks again for the picture" the girl smiles going back to her group of friends.

"That was so sweet" I tell her "yeah it's always so nice getting to interact with fans in person" "i can see does that happen a lot?" "Yes especially around here and campus which is kinda weird you know because it's like they're my fellow student body you know" I nod.

"Yeah that is a little funny but I mean future women's basketball player they got to take their shot while they can" I shrug "Madeline" the cashier calls out. "Such a bad pun" Paige laughs walking to the counter.

I laugh as I grab my keychain from the table and slide it onto my wrist. "Here you go pretty lady" she says handing me my bowl and spoon. "Thank you" I sing walking to open the door and we make our way to the car.

I get in and turn it on "it's starting to get cold I feel like" I tell her as she settles down in the seat. "Yeah it is I feel like the mornings is when I feel it more" I nod taking the lid off of my bowl and start eating it. "Oh for sure it's too cold in the mornings I don't even want to get up for class sometimes"

"It must be harsher since you've been a warm person your whole life" "yeah big change coming up but it wasn't like I was taken by surprise either... Austin was cold too"

We spend the little time we had eating in the car talking mainly about Minnesota and Mexico and how different we grew up recalling lots of childhood moments before we headed off to practice.