Part 3

It was now the last day of the week and also media day. All the girls are getting their pictures taken. Very chaotic. This was going to be my first day being able to get professional content. I got up and did my self care, got dressed into a cute little tennis dress paired with white comfortable sores seeing as I'll probably be chasing all the girls around. 

I make it out of my apartment with so many bags of camera equipment and other things I can use for the girls and head to our main court. I open the trunk of my car which was stacked to the brim with multiple bags. "Here let me help you" I hear a familiar voice say as I'm pulling my bags out of the car. "Are you sure you aren't the media team" Paige jokes.

"I think I'm just going to throw it all in one it's all just cameras like disposables, Polaroids, digitals, film, charger, small mics, batteries, cards, my laptop and other stuff" I tell her switching the smaller bags to the big one.

"How are you feeling?" I asked "besides it being so early I'm doing great senior season and my first year back goes crazy" she says as I hang the tote on my shoulder and she closes the trunk. "I have so many good ideas for your comeback" I squeal.

"Wow that's a lot of everything" I say looking around the whole gym every space being a new layout. "It's cool huh" I nod and follow her into the locker room where everyone was getting ready "hi girls how are we feeling?" I ask they all give me half assed answers making me laugh.

"They're all dead tired" kk says coming to put an arm around me "I can tell did they not get any snack bar or anything for y'all?" I ask "they did but no one wants to make any you look cute" I hear nika say coming on my other side and kissing my cheek.

It's only been 4 days of knowing each other and nika and I were already besties. Which I'm not complaining it's been really good to easily connect with her and not even just her but the whole team.

"Are we doing black jerseys or white first?" Paige asks "black and then white" Nika tells her.

I let the girls get glammed up as I sit next to Paige who insisted to get her hair done first. "So what are we doing this weekend?" She asks turning to me. "Paige don't move they'll mess up your braids" "sorry" she apologizes to the lady doing her hair. 

"I think I'm staying in this weekend" "it's our well my eh it's still your week back and we have to celebrate the new addition" I giggle turning to her. "I'm so glad you were the person chosen by your posts  I just know you'll be amazing" "you've been stalking?" "Shut up" she laughs. Paige was actually so beautiful, it seemed as if she had gotten a spray tan making her look very bronzed but it looked good.

"You know I can feel you looking at me" she laughs "obvi, you're really pretty" i tell her she starts heating up"thanks"

———-

The girls were all around the court spread around some taking pictures others wandering. I connect my mic to my phone and clip it to my top and connect the other pair.

"Hi y'all today I'm with the uconn women's basketball team and just so happens to be media day and we're going around asking them questions" I say to my phone which I was recording out of on the .5 lens.

Aubrey walks up to me looking at me strangely. I turn my phone and start recording everyone around "kk what's your most favorite thing about media day?" I ask handing her the other small mic. "Uhm I'd say getting to see my teammates all dolled up" she smiles.

"I like these little mics you got here" she says talking into the mic "they're cool huh I think these mini interviews will get good views" I say.

"Are you asking everyone questions?" I nod "can I suggest the next question" "ooo be my guest" I tell her. "Ask them about how they feel about me" she laughs out "kk girl" I giggle "no no go ask that to uhhhh Paige" she says handing me the microphone.

We make our way over to Paige as I keep recording. "Okay take this" I hand her the mic and she holds it "how do you feel about your teammate kk Arnold" kk and her burst out laughing. "That's my girl" she points and kk stands next to her "y'all heard that" kk says cupping her ear making us laugh.

"No yeah she's a really amazing teammate on and off the court and she'll always make sure you're having a good time I love her she's great" "Awh Paige you love me" they both giggle.

"Okay what question do you have for your teammate"....
————

After the many questions I have asked im sure I'll be able to create good content for the girls. I also went around catching pictures of the girls interacting with each other which will look so good on their feed.

"Okay girls that's a wrap you all did so good you're free to go and please hurry because the boys are coming in next" Coach Geno says loudly.

We all start packing up "actually girls hold on" I say running into the locker room to grab one of my many cameras and rolls of film and running back out. "I want to get a Polaroid of all of you girls and I'll have you all sign it with name and your number after"

"Ouuu that's cute" Ice says smiling putting her sunglasses up "I volunteer to go first" she says walking up to the wall of the gym. I smile "great" she puts her shades back on and poses with a wide smile and I take the picture and put it away immediately. "I need a sharpie" I say out loud.

"Wait I want my own sunglasses let me go get them from my bag and I'll bring you a sharpie too" Nika says running into the locker room. "Ooo I want mines too" Azzi says and they all run towards the locker room.

"They want to be me so bad" Ice jokes making me laugh. I turn the picture and see it already exposed "sure do this looks cool as fuck" "oh yeah that... I ate that hoe up" she says sassily. A minute later and all the girls roll out.

"Here you go" Nika says handing me a black sharpie I hand it to Ice and she does as I told her to earlier. "This is sooo cute can I take a picture of it?" She asks I nod. All the girls stand around looking at her picture.

"Me next" Inês exclaims "of course cutie" I say bringing my camera to my eye and snapping a picture of her. As it comes out I hand it to her. "Make sure not to loose the sharpie girls it's our only one" I yell.

————

"Make sure you all hand me your pictures after I take a picture of them I'll give them back" I say and they all groan. I stand in the doorway of the locker room and they all hand me their pictures.

"Look mines is so cute" Nika says handing me hers I look at it "looking gorgeous per usual Nik" I say "Are you going to sell this?" Paige asks "I'm keeping this one in my wallet" I say holding hers up. "Bae you look so pretty" I smile looking at the picture closer.

"She wants me so bad" Paige taps nika making her laugh "shut up" I roll my eyes and we step into the locker room I playfully shove her. I go over to the cubicle and take out my big tote and put the Polaroids in a ziplock bag so they won't loose their crispness.

"Maddie what are you going to do after this?" Nika asks sitting on the bench where I was packing up. "I want to get these posts ready so I can just post them tomorrow morning" I tell her "come over to our apartment" Nika suggests "yeah you can get work done there" Paige says

I look over at her "you know damn well I won't get anything done with y'all" Paige laughs "stop saying that" she says because of the "y'all" I throw in every sentence. I flick her off. "Cmon we'll just order in and watch a movie" that's not too distracting trust me" Nika says "fine" she smiles and walks off giddily.