Chapter 20

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝕿𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊: 𝕱𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝕷𝖆𝖚𝖛

***

The cloak started to cover the orange sky. The birds flew in flocks, away from the dancing branches of the trees.

I grip the blanket covering my body from behind and tuck some strands of my hair getting swayed by these icy breezes.

In the blink of an eye, I saw darkness with some jewels far above the sky. Accompanied by it, was a shadow I could never forget.

It's been two days since that happened, why Vaxius said those words, and how Alexander never bothered me again.

For those two days, I mostly stayed at the manor, helping Flora with some chores that I insisted her to make me learn. Sometimes, I would go to the garden and start plucking flowers, on other days I would embroider, and at the same time, I would secretly sneak out of the household and into the market, alone.

It's been two days since I felt like I could gain freedom, away from the noble's eyes, away from such tradition, and away from such a cage.

I've never been this way in my first life. Never did I once disobey my parents, nor did I sneak away out of personal interests.

I felt that this time, it was truly different.

I followed that silhouette, and I saw something that I never expected to see. Klein was talking to someone, a person that was covered in a black cloak, he was kneeling in front while Klein was saying some words I couldn't even hear.

Klein looks different.

He had sharp eyes, and mouth that spoke of some foreign words.

I nearly gasped if it weren't for me hiding from the corner of the hallways. I covered my mouth immediately when I was about to make a sound. I didn't even know I was this inch close to the floor from sitting.

He seemed to be different. I felt like I'd seen the future person in his eyes, his future that is full of betrayal.

I need to get out of here.

That's what I've thought but my feet won't move. I felt like I'd been glued to the wall and that it was barely making me breathe at ease.

Slowly turning towards that direction, the two people were gone now, and what was left was the cold breezes that got to sway the leaves around the manor.

Even if it's night, the crescent moon's light makes the falling leaves visible to the ground. Then it made me remember how Klein's hair felt like silver in the white light of darkness.

I closed my eyes and breath, before finally deciding what to do.

I don't want to admit but I have to talk to him. Not because I found him suspicious but because I felt like he was not my best friend anymore.

***

"Klein, can you spare me some of your time?"

"Viona, you look serious. Of course, but why the sudden?"

"I have something I want to ask, do you still want to proceed?"

The way his lips became flat, when he nodded I saw the ruby jeweled eyes that would always shine became dull.

For a moment, I felt I saw a different person, a person who wasn't the young boy I once knew.

"The tea seems a bit refreshing isn't it?" He said.

While we were now in the garden, enjoying some time outside the manor, my mind still wandered from last night and how hard I tried not to knock on his door and step a foot inside his room just to ask him about his sudden change.

This Time, I'll Find My Own HappinessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara