Chapter 5

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕰𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

His warmth cascaded through the veins of my body making it warmer than the coldness of the caressing breezes swaying against our figures.

The clear scenery of the moving time, the sounds of the rustling leaves everywhere, and the endless journey when we were in our seats, everything would always move forward, and how this heart that once beat for him, became a reminder of a shattering glass.

When my sight shifted from the moving surroundings and became fixated on the young man in front of me, I saw that he'd been mimicking my head, with his hand under his chin while the corners of his lips were slightly lifted.

His eyes that shone every second never dimmed and remained as calm as an ocean water bathed in the golden mists of the sun.

When he was the past reminiscence of my sorrow, the current self that I have, was the present agony of what was to come in tomorrow's hold.

Like being drawn in that captivating appearance he had, my gaze that once avoided him, became one with the light, only looking at the dazzling and unparalleled beauty of the growing man he was.

"If you keep on looking at me, I might melt, you know," his voice was warm and tasted like honey whispering to my ears of sweet nothingness, and yet, here again, my chest seemed to throb heavily and nature's sound became vague making my ears focused on this sensation.

My hand was about to grip the middle of the chest when I heard some soft chuckles escaping from his mouth. My sight that was once focused on his face moved to his hands when he tightened his grip on mine.

I tried to open my mouth, but it seemed that his words were faster than my thoughts.

"But I guess I prefer it this way than have your vision to someone else..." his voice became a whisper, but I still managed to hear them. And when I blink, he's already leaning in closer to me.

I suddenly felt cold from the hands that had once held mine to tightly grip my seat. His shadow loomed over my whole being until I could feel his nose touch mine and in a few more blinks, his forehead landed on my head.

"It would have been great if your attention would only be directed to me and only me. Perhaps, if I didn't introduce you to each other....you would only look at me the way I wanted you to..." his warm breath cascaded through my ears, making the smallest matter to hear, become visible.

Then this penetrating heat crossed my cheeks until my chest could no longer take it as I held my own breath.

I tried to look away but no matter what I did, no matter how my mouth opened, no matter how my eyes would only see him, I couldn't have the strength to think of anything else than him. I didn't even hear the last few words he had said to me earlier.

"K-Klein-----" I managed to utter and put my hands on his chest slightly giving us a gap but his warmth only overwhelmed my body, and before I knew of it, I could see from my peripheral view that the edges of his lips curled up.

"Don't you think you're hurting me too much, Viona?"

"Klein, I don't understand what you're saying and please, you're suffocating me..." When I finally got back to my senses, I immediately shook my head and sighed.

I gripped my hands firmly to the hem of my dress and looked at him in the eyes as I said those words.

I saw him sigh and finally, the warmth that he's been passing me only became chiller as the cold breeze filled up those gaps between us.