Chapter 19

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝕿𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊: 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕮𝖆𝖓 𝕿𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝕸𝖊 𝕳𝖎𝖌𝖍 𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉𝖞 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖘 𝕾𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖔𝖘

***

The weekend finally came and as he said, silhouettes of dancing hues came around by the corners. sounds of shoes going with every rhythm, like leaves dancing before falling to their right places, engulfed the street of Montholia. Melodies played like chill breezes, becoming warm as they chased the sun.

Warmth is everywhere.

Until I looked at his hand gripping to mine.

He had long, slender fingers, but the palm of his hands spoke of ruins. Some scars from behind his back made me reminisce about the time when I saw Klein's.

He moves like a true warrior, as if making my vision vague from anyone else other than him. The cloak I had went to move from the other direction, and it must have been from the dawn's wind.

Still, we could barely bump into anyone.

I gazed back at his hand, as his hold never changed. I closed my eyes, and yellow glitters from the summer of my twelve years came to mind.

I was under a Sakura tree in the middle of a high mountain full of green grasses. I open my palms to receive Sakura leaves falling, only to claim someone's hands.

It had long, shiny, slender fingers with smooth palms. A kind of feeling that I wish I never had that time.

"Viona, let's go over there."

"What about there, Klein? I'm catching Cherry blossom leaves here," I said, pouting at his words, which only made him laugh.

Then he gave me a pink little leaf he managed to catch in the air. He put it in my hands as he closed it.

"There you go. I helped you already," he said, pausing. Then he leaned in over as my back went to the tree itself.

I gasped.

Klein chuckled for a second before looking straight into my eyes.

"So I guess, for as long as I'm alive, you will have to remember this moment. I can only give you a leaf of cherry blossom in your hands. By that happening, please make one wish every time I give you a leaf."

"Why?" I managed to utter in my low breath

My hand that held the leaf went to my chest. I kind of felt warmth at that time.

He leaned his forehead to mine and the corners of his lips curled upward.

"Because I can only be the one to..."

"Viona, are you listening?" A low voice spoke, accompanied by a click of his tongue.

I looked at the person right in front of me, and he had his face completely in my eye. He raised one of his eyebrows while his eyes barely stood too wide.

"I-I am; I guess I'm just carried by the breeze, that's all."

"It doesn't seem to be but who cares. As long as I brought you here already."

"Where are we?" I asked Alexander.

The walls were made of greyish bricks. There were closed wooden windows on the sides of the building. In front of the building was a double door made of wood, and on the side of each was a vase with some flowers.

Silence screamed at the place. The echoes were nowhere to be found and the hues were kind of far away. I gazed back at Alexander and he wasn't even looking at me. Still, I can feel his warmth through our hands.