Chapter 10

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖗 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

The reminiscence of that day made me feel like a fish outside of the water, and my chest felt heavy as if the pain from the penetrating sun went to move across and boil my stomach which was in continuous knots.

When my gaze went to my hands clothed in purplish fabric up to my arms, I could see the servant already fixing my hair.

"Is there any problem, Milady?" I heard the maid ask and I shook my head, as the corners of my lips showed a side of me that would always face my problems alone.

"No, I'm all right..." I said, dismissing my thoughts with one utter of breath.

"Then please enjoy the banquet today, Milady, I heard that the second prince specifically announced yesterday that he would want to make you his partner..."

I wanted to say to Bertha that I've already known that even without his announcement, he's just a mysterious man I met along when Klein introduced us to each other.

Though I never bothered to utter those words as I nearly rolled my eyes when if felt that my head turned, only breaths of silence came looking forward to the silence I created.

"Milady?" I heard Bertha ask and I faced her.

"I guess it's just his way of surprising people, right Bertha?"

"But please Milady, in loving someone do not put your whole trust in them"

"Why?" I asked as I became curious about her words, as if she had the same experiences I had in my past life, or that she had been betrayed before...

"Because Milady if you put your whole trust in that person, then where would you be able to find trust in yourself?"

Her words stood some hair from my body and eventually, the corners of my lips flattened.

"Don't you think that being in love requires trust in the process?"

"I do, Milady but as advice, I guess you should trust your intuition first than anyone else since the second prince had a history before..."

I knew Bertha, I knew that all too well, I wanted to say those words but instead, I gently searched for her hands and caressed them.

"Trust me Bertha, I've had all I've needed to trust myself, for now, I just wanted to find my own happiness..." because in the first place, we weren't in that kind of relationship, we were in a contract relationship and there was no romance involved.

"Milady? We are already here," despite my thoughts swirling over on what Bertha had said, my sight opened to see a very beautiful and huge place, I've set my eyes on.

It was full of golden lights with misty air descending on my figure, but the moment the horseman opened the carriage that wasn't from our household, I immediately offered my hands only to fully know who opened the door when the lights from the outside engulfed his whole being

"So my dearest lady had indeed accepted my proposal..." his voice sounded like a play, as if it was wavy and at the same time confident. He didn't even hesitate to grab my hands and pulled me closer to his figure until my whole silhouette had been caged in his arms.

I could smell his forest minty woodland scent that would always make me hold my breath and gasp in the end.

He had the appearance of a cradled child in an angel's form as his emerald eyes shone from the golden place we were.