Chapter 9

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕰𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

The warm taste of the water cascaded through my mouth like honey mixed with some penetrating soul of the golden orb above, making my lips curl in an instant.

My hand barely kept gripping the handles of the cup and still, the luminous effect of that night's façade kept my other hand at the edge of my dress' hem. While it was becoming terrifying to be bathed in these golden mists, the person in front of me kept his stance.

Eyes that never meant to avert mine, and hands that were like a sculpture, and yet, it was soft to touch. Everything about him, I knew it all, except his hidden emotions.

It would have been great if he had forgotten about me that day, and if he had just accompanied the future love of his life to his household instead, but now, he had his soul overwhelming in my place.

But why?

I could see some mixed emotions written in his eyes while his face remained unreadable. When the corners of his lips remained stagnant, his eyebrows began to knit as seconds passed by, and now, his hands that kept on pushing the warmest tea within his thinnest and crimson lips began to put it down.

His mouth opened and it exuded this lucrative breath that he had been holding onto, as if he had just run a few laps in a marathon and my hands now situated in my dress, finally found their way to strengthen their grips.

"Viona..." he started, and my eyes started to get into his soul.

"Don't you think you're being secretive to me this time?" I could hear how deep his voice was but it felt like as he said those following words, it became like a whisper, but my ears still managed to catch his.

When the warmest glow began to accommodate his figure, I knew that I'd already been caged in his warmth. As if I couldn't turn back anymore.

When I started looking at the mirror set from the teacup, I felt the warmest water rippled and erased my existence in my seat. It distorted my new thought, for right now, it felt like this person right in front of me isn't just unreadable but he's already someone I felt like I don't know.

As if he became a stranger that I know everything about.

I could barely let the air enter my mouth, for when I did, I knew it would create a sound that I would regret later on.

My eyes continued to look into his until he did the same thing, letting the air go from his mouth.

"I know that you also have a life of your own and you even insisted on becoming Vaxius' lover but don't you think we're still best friends?" I could hear how his voice became wavy and his eyebrows started to crease.

His shadow, which stayed calm from our stance in this nature, felt like it was leaning towards the table and after a few seconds, it loomed over my being that my eyes started to widen.

The calm place became destructed by his unexpected move and later it became a haven of my soul's unrest.

"Klein, I think I need you to calm down, you'll break the cups----"

"What if do that Viona?"

"What?"

"What I don't care about anything else other than you. You said that I could do what I wanted in your household and now that we're bathed in the garden's heat, I think I should just cover you with my being..." he said but his tone was never the same.