Chapter 2

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 1 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖕 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉, 3 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖕𝖘 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

"Well, as I thought, you would prioritize me over your best friend, how kind of you, Lady Viona," his sarcastic tone echoed within my room. I looked at him and sighed.

I didn't expect that he would immediately come to my household the day after my coming of age, just because of my silence when he asked of that deal.

"Look here, young prince, you didn't even hear me say yes to your deal," I said crossing my arms. I looked at him for the longest while before finally shaking my head as I drank the tea.

The warmth and sweetness it gave me lessened the stress level I was feeling just because of this playboy good-for-nothing second prince.

"Be honest to me, why would you propose that deal?"

Silence became his response before putting the tea down and now leaning over the table with both of his hands on the edges making the tablecloth uneven from both sides.

"Let's just think that I badly needed some companion, and if I get you, name what you want and I'll do everything"

It's a very tempting offer considering that all I ever wanted was to have a peaceful life. Should I give in? But if I don't then I won't even lose a thing even if I did agree with him.

"Can I come back tomorrow again to hear your words-----" before he could even finish his words, I spoke before I could even process them in my thoughts.

"Then it's a deal..." I could hear him laugh from the other side but I just gripped the hem of my clothes and the hotness of my face. I couldn't even look him properly in the eyes, since all I could think was the words he said, the condition set for me to appeal to my mind.

Perhaps, it's already my reflex action that I acted to say those words before processing them.

Shaking my head and sighing, I looked at Vaxius to see that he had already finished laughing. He's only wiping the tears from his eyes while his other hand goes to caress his full stomach.

"You see, I'm not a very funny person and I never tend to be a comedian so why the sudden laughter?" I raised one of my eyebrows to look at him only for him to gaze back at me.

"It's because you seem to want something you couldn't have that's why you agreed to my deal. What is it, or should I say who is it?" I could see him wiggling his eyebrows only for me to bite my lower lips.

This young man couldn't see that he was getting on my nerves and here he was, piercing what was left of my patience with him and I guess he's much faster than my voice and when it came to the words he said, I widened my eyes.

"Is it because of your childhood best friend Klein Hendlich?"

"Listen here, young prince, you seemed to know everything but I guess that mind of yours is nothing but a trash idea"

"Oh woah, let's just be honest like you said, young lady. It's not my fault that I just pointed to your best friend. They say those who immediately get angry lose the game"

"Game? You treat my cooperation as a game to you?"

"Wouldn't it be funny that this nobility, the imperial family as well as the empire was made out of game? We are all striving to succeed in life, milady and this world is never fair. It is cruel, if you showed someone kindness, one day he would never know how to save himself. You must train that person hard enough to see the true nature of the world..."