𝓣𝓮𝓼𝓽

You were scared for your life. 
You wasn't ready.
You tried to drown out your thoughts by counting to 120, 2 minutes.
In two minutes, your life would be changed, you didn't know what was going to be on that test when you would look, you didn't know if you even wanted to look.
But most importantly, what happens after you look?

You weren't ready for a child really, neither was your boyfriend, Matt, you're both 20 years old.
It wasn't long since you were graduating from high school, only two years ago.
You couldn't have a child before you could legally drink right?

It won't happen, not to you, the signs were all mistakes, the sickness you felt at the scent of your favourite foods all of a sudden, weird cravings, really bad mood swings, more emotional in general, all of it.

But the worst one is that you haven't had your period for 1 and a half months.

117...
118...
119...
120.

You took a deep breath as you grabbed for the stick.
You looked down at it and what you saw made you feel like the world had stopped, like your heart had sank to your feet, like you were gonna be all alone in this.

Tears started welling up in your eyes and you just couldn't stop them. You sat on the bathroom floor and sobbed for at least half an hour, before your body finally gave in and allowed you to stop.
By this time, you had a pounding headache, makeup all over your face and in that moment, you didn't know how you felt anymore.

There was no way to describe it.
How could you describe the pain in knowing that you've thrown your boyfriend's life away?
You weren't even adults yet, not properly.

You were so overwhelmed with shame that you had realised you hadn't thought of the negative impacts on you.

Your body's going to change, what if Matt doesn't like that? What if him and his brother's fanbase body shame you? You're going to give birth, can you even do that? Are you strong enough?
What if your family is disappointed, so much that they don't speak to you? Your mom or dad won't be there holding your hand as you cry in pain, telling you it will all be ok?

You pushed those thoughts to the back of your head as you washed your face, grabbed some medication for your headache and got back into bed.

"Hey y/n, we're home!" You hear a yell from the door, and your heart starts thumping.
If it had went any faster, it would've fled through the wall.

You saw the doorknob twist, coming from the other side, "hi sweetheart" Matt smiled, not looking at you yet as he placed some of his stuff back in a corner.
You cleared your throat, hoping that you could regain strength in your voice "hi" you croaked.

Of course, he noticed instantly and turned around to face you.
"You ok?" He said and you nodded, he gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before going into the bathroom.

It wasn't going that bad. Everything's fine.

"Y/n" you heard from the bathroom, Matt walks into the bedroom which he had only left a couple of seconds ago.
"What's this?" He said, a confused expression on his face as he lifted up the pregnancy test in his hands, which you had lazily wrapped in toilet paper so he wouldn't see it when he went in.

"It's nothing I-" he unwrapped the toilet paper from the stick and looked down at it, when he looked back up at you, you couldn't read his expression at all.

He stayed there for a minute or so and you started crying, but as soon as the tears fell from your eyes, Matt was by your side, holding you tightly, rubbing your back comfortingly.
"Shh, it's ok" he said softly, "we're gonna be fine don't worry" he kissed your forehead and wiped your tear stained cheek with his thumb.

"I know you've been thinking of the negatives but" he started, looking up at you and then the test, "we're gonna be parents" as he said this, the widest smile crept onto his face and you couldn't help but smile with him.

He was right after all, Matt always was when it came to you.
But he said "we" which meant he wasn't going anywhere, and his enthusiasm about being a dad made your heart melt in ways no one could ever understand, you couldn't wait to start a family with the person you loved the most in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note ::

Heyy guys this is my first time writing anything like parent related so let me know what we think because I got a request asking for parent ones and I'm gonna try write that up tomorrow but yeah, requests in the comments, have a nice day/ night, thank you for all the reads, byeee I love you all 🤍