𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽

You and Matt were currently at his house, getting ready for your parents to meet him.
They were taking you to a restaurant so they could finally approve of the boyfriend that they hadn't managed to meet still, after months.

You had met his parents, loads.
Mary Lou loved you like a daughter, Jimmy liked you too of course but you and Mary Lou got along so well in a way which made Matt's heart melt, especially when you would come over and stop to talk to her before going to Matt's room with him.

He loved seeing his mom, who he had looked up to since he was born, get along so well with the girl of his dreams, that meant the world to him.

"Do you think they'll like me?" He said, buttoning up his shirt.
"Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't they?" You questioned, "I mean you're ok to be around I guess" you joked with him, hoping to ease the anxious energy in the room.

"No but seriously, they have no reason not to, I'm sure you'll be fine" you walked up to him and helped him do the top button on his shirt which was stuck, giving him a quick peck on the lips afterwards.

You sat back down in your seat and finished your makeup, as soon as you were done, Matt's arms wrapped around you and his chin rested on your shoulder.
"You look beautiful" you smiled at him through your mirror,
"You look better, Bernard" he looked at you, a joking, annoyed look on his face.
"Do 𝘯𝘰𝘵 call me Bernard, young lady."
"Do 𝘯𝘰𝘵 call me young lady, Bernard" he laughed at you, "you're so petty".
"But you're pretty too so it makes up for it, I guess"
You gasped, "you 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴?"

You loved play fighting with Matt, even though you knew how disgusting it must look from an outsider's perspective, you couldn't help your self but blush at the flirtatious jokes that were constantly appearing, play fighting being one of your guys' main love languages.

You held Matt's hand the whole way there, reminding him every five minutes or so that it was going to be ok and such as you distracted him by conversation and singing together to the songs coming through the aux, which was playing your guys' playlist.

You started getting out of the car, "come on, I've got you." Walking around to his side to take his hand in yours, locking your fingers together as you walked into the building.

"Y/n!" You heard your parents, you turned to walk to them, giving them both hugs as you approached, "mom, dad, this is Matt' you said smiling as you turned to him.

Once everyone had been greeted, you all sat down, you and Matt next to each other and your parents opposite.

Everything was going well, it was just small talk at first but at least they were all getting along, and every time you noticed Matt begin to stutter or look like he was getting overwhelmed, you found a way to reassure him, if that was passing him his water, asking if he was ok or squeezing his hand.

"You're doing so well" you whispered to him and offered him a sweet smile which he returned.

"I'm not gonna lie son, I was a bit nervous to meet you, I only want the best for my daughter" your dad said to Matt.
"Oh believe me he is, there's no one else I'd rather be here with right now." Your smile widens as you realised how corny you sounded.

"We can tell" your mom started, "you're smiling, giggling and I feel like I can see the twinkle in your eyes from when you were little" Matt was so shocked, that made him see how much of an impact he had on you.
The thing about your eyes in particular made his heart quicken, he really made you that happy that you felt like a little kid again? He was now smiling with you, from ear to ear, unable to contain his happiness as his hand rested on your leg for the rest of dinner.

_______
Time skip
_______

"They loved you" you said, climbing into bed with the boy.
"Are you sure?"
"Well if they didn't they wouldn't have wanted me sleeping over tonight, would they?" Matt nodded, pulling you onto his chest "come on Bernard I thought you were brainier than that" you both laughed together.

"What your mom said earlier was so sweet" you looked up at him from his chest, "well she's not wrong"
You both looked at each other lovingly before joining your lips for a gentle kiss, that seemed to last forever, but in the best way. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note ::

Guys help.  Matt calls y/n stuff like sweet heart and love and that but what's y/n supposed to call him 😭 I used babe once but idk if that was cringy or not, so if you have any ideas please comment

I hope you enjoyed, requests in the comments please, have a nice day/night,
I love you all byee 🤍