V5 | 2.0: EXES AND OOHS 2

Bro I spent 4 hours writing this chapter. Yall better vote and comment on this because I want to see EVERY kind of engagement possible.

Not only is this my favorite chapter I've ever written in this fanfic, but it's also the most detailed and has so much shit to unpack.

Remember, I love you guys, and since I wrote such a big chapter, yall ain't seeing me for another two or so weeks.

♛ ═════✶═════ ♛

Y/N P.O.V:

Damn, the boss really did pull in some high-falutin' schmuck from Greed looking to strike a deal. I ambled over to the window, having to hunch down to get a decent view. Nothing surprising about the sight that met my eyes.

Greed was just as I remembered it. A cesspool of despair and violence. Utterly and completely fucking wretched.

The downtrodden were clamouring for their lives, while the affluent cold-heartedly snuffed them out.

The river flowing through the city wasn't filled with water, but with gasoline. Flames danced upon its surface, an eerie reflection of the city's relentless brutality.

Hits were being executed in broad daylight, pleas for mercy echoing unheard.

And then there was the pervasive green hue in the air. A tangible symbol of the city's obsession with money. That's all that mattered to the people of Greed. Cold, hard cash.

I couldn't judge them though, I was no different. For a good chunk of my life, money was my only concern. The lure of financial security was what drove me to serve under Moxxie, to become his protector.

But people change. I changed. Looking down from the window, I could still recognize some faces. People who once had it all, now reduced to pitiful shadows of their former selves.

Greed was a breeding ground for hatred and sin, a violent tableau of death and money. I couldn't care less though. The sight stirred a strange mixture of bitter and sweet memories.

To think I was born in this godforsaken place. At least my parents and I had managed to escape, and that was all that mattered to me at that moment.

I turned away from the window, my gaze landing on Moxxie who was also staring out. "Well?" I prompted him. He turned to me, his eyes wide and filled with worry. "Uh, Y/N, maybe I'm just worrying a bit too much but.. Doesn't this place look... a bit familiar?"

I raised an eyebrow, my gaze shifting back to the window. "What?" I muttered, watching as we flew over an unmistakable neighbourhood. A neighbourhood ironically named NotAMafia Town... which was very obviously a fucking mafia stronghold.

A flood of unwanted memories surged forward. I let out a low growl, "Crimson..."

"Who the fuck is that?" Blitzo asked me. I turned to him, "Someone I'd hoped to never cross paths with again. Who called you anyway?"

"Not sure. Just some rich, old fart." Blitzo replied, squinting out of the window with a puzzled expression.

"Ah shit," I whispered under my breath. The helicopter was speeding towards a mansion. A mansion I knew all too well. A grand edifice of green and gold, towering three stories high.

As we descended onto the ground in front of the mansion, realization dawned in Moxxie's eyes. "Oh, no, no, no.. Y/N, what're we going to do?" He stammered.

I looked at him, "We're going to see what he wants. It's not everyday I get the chance to face a asshole from my past."

"An asshole from OUR past.. I don't want to see him." Moxxie said, stepping out of the helicopter and looking up at me.