Who Is He?

Magizhini followed Veer out of that hotel. Veer hopped in his car and asked Charithra and her senior to go along with him.

“Let’s do it on the way.” Magizhini heard him clearly even though she was feets away from him. His voice came out in a very base tone, thick and authoritative that no one can deny him. She ran to her two-wheeler and started following them. They stopped in front of a huge office and she halted far behind. She didn't want to move closer to them and risk getting caught by Charithra. 

Magizhini looked at the building and understood that it was a business building and it has assorted companies inside. She saw Charithra and her senior taking leave from him in front of the building.

‘An interview within 40 minutes?’ She thought but kept her eyes on them. She waited until Veer and his men disappeared into the building and ran in behind them. The men who came along with them were standing guarding the door. 

‘It looks impossible to meet him without these goons,’ she thought to herself. 

As she was looking at them, a girl came out running from inside the security agency room. While Magi was appalled by the running girl, the two men standing guard at the door didn't even flinch. Magizhini caught the girl on time. She pulled out her water bottle from her bag and gave it to the girl.

“Relax! Here, have it.” she took her out to her vehicle. “Are you alright? What happened?”

“Nothing. Thanks.” the girl tried to leave.

“Wait, I can help you. Are these tears because of Veer Varman?” Magizhini asked the girl and the girl looked at her with astonishment.

“Hush! How do you know him?” the girl asked her as soon as she said his name.

“So it is because of him, huh? What did he do to you?”

“He wants me to abort my baby! I was so discreet, yet he found out I was pregnant.” the girl said caressing her tummy. She didn't look pregnant yet. She was on an emotional rollercoaster that she didn't realize she is talking to a stranger girl. Magizhini could not believe her ears. What kind of a man was he? 

“Calm down. If you want this baby, you can have it. It is your right. No one can dictate you to do otherwise.” Magizhini said in order to calm her down. 

“You don't understand, if he gets to know that, he wouldn't think twice before doing something that I will regret all my life. I am just unlucky. I fell in love with the wrong man. I cannot give birth to this child and make it suffer all its life. This society will not accept a child without a father.” the girl kept crying and Magizhini fisted her hands to control her emotions. How true is that? Magizhini is in a way lucky to have grown an orphan instead of a remembrance of an illicit relationship.

“Please, don't cry. Live for yourself. Don't live for this society.” She said to the girl.

“That is not practical. We live in this society. We abide by certain rules and we have to follow them, it doesn't matter if we like it or not. Anyways, thank you. I could not talk about it to anyone I know. You are a stranger and it doesn't hurt anyone. Thanks for hearing me out.” She told Magizhini and left wiping her tears away and bringing a smile to her lips. Even though her lips were pulled into a smile, her eyes have lost their life. Magizhini let out a loud sigh, for some reason, she felt her heart heavy.

He had left this girl just like his uncle left her mother, pregnant and unloved. The distress in her whole body language reeked of fear and failure. For a second, Magizhini saw Iniya in the girl. How much her mom would have cried when she got to know that she was pregnant? Being pregnant is every woman’s cherishable moment. But for some unlucky girls like her mom and this girl, pregnancy is a mere punishment.