Love & Reasons?

It was days after Vishnu dropped Thamizh safely in her home after rescuing her. Thamizhini started working in the housekeeping department as a part of her training. She was handed a set of maids and room boys to take care of one wing of the first floor. It consists of two VIP suits and five rooms. Her job responsibilities are to ensure cleaning the rooms before and after the guests. She should supervise the people under her for vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash cans, dusting shelves, cleaning windows, changing linens, checking the furniture and electrical gadgets like hair dryers, and mopping floors of the room. She is responsible for letting the manager of the floor know about broken things and things to be changed.

“Suit 145 and 147 are vacated, Thamizhini. It should be ready tomorrow at 8 Am, check-in is at 9.” her floor manager told Thamizhini.

“I will take care of it, sir.” She told him and went to suit 145 with two maids. She told them what to do and went to suit 147 to check.

Suit 147 was around the corner of the wing. As she went near the suit, she saw it was open. Usually, when a guest vacates, a room boy would check the room immediately after they sign out and lock the room. Just as she opened the door, someone came from around the corner and went in along with her. Before she could realize what was happening, Thamizhini was pushed down by someone. She fell to the floor and a broken wooden chair was in the way. 

“Amma!” She screamed in pain as the splinters on the broken chair punctured her skin. She sat up on the floor and looked at the scene unfolding in front of her. Vishnu was beating the room boy who pushed her red and blue. The room boy has stopped defending a long time ago and Vishnu was still going at him. 

“Sir, please. Stop.” she tried to stop him despite her pain. “God, you are killing him.” She pushed him aside with all her might. 

“Sharath, are you alright? God, he is bleeding.” Thamizhini kneeled near the room boy and tried to tend to his wounds. “Why are you standing there? Get some water. Call an ambulance. He is bleeding and it is not stopping.” She urged Vishnu but Vishnu bent over her and pulled her up by grabbing her elbow. 

“Ah, let me go. What happened to you? Are you mad? Why are you trying to kill him?” She asked him as she could not understand anything that was happening.

“Stay out of it.” He growled at her and pulled his phone out. 

“Mike, suit 147. Come soon.” He told to the other end of the phone and sat on the bed. He brushed his hair to cool him off and Thamizhini admired him and his mannerisms even at that deadly time. His dark blue button shirt and beige pants looked just right for his six feet tall figure. His unbuttoned shirt revealed his part chest that made her breath hot. His hard-earned arms and broad shoulders are perfect for him. His chocolate orbs and thick eyebrows are his main attractions. His three days beard and mustache with perfectly styled hair made him look like a model. His pink lips showed that he is a nonsmoker. 

“Sir!” A man in a black suit came in. Vishnu eyed the room boy and the man in the suit picked him up on his shoulder and walked out of the room.

“Where is he taking him? What did Sharath do?” Thamizhini asked Vishnu.

“That is none of your business. What were you doing here?” He asked her but his talks hurt her love-sick heart. His words put her in her place. 

“I came here to clean the room.” She said with a little voice. She understood that she crossed that line. He is the owner of this place and she is working here. She has no authority to question him.

“Clean? Weren’t you working in the reception?” He asked her. He doesn't like that she works in housekeeping. 

“I am in training and I am supposed to learn all works here. It changes on a rotation basis.” She answered him like an obedient student.