Microwave (Ten/Prem) - Heal me with your food

Author's note: Part 7/??

Hi, thank you for reading, commenting and voting. I am so happy, that my stories still entertain you. Thank you for staying with me for so long. I hope you will like the May short stories, too. 

The restaurant's small kitchen was enough to make decent meals for the few customers strolling in from the street. And it accommodated him and Ten just fine. Prem put on the apron and prepared the ingredients for some simple soup, letting his tall student observe his every movement. Prem was curious why this handsome and rich man would learn cooking. Judging by the expensive car, he should have at least one housekeeper. 

"Is something wrong, cook?" Ten asked suddenly. Prem glanced at him, confused by the question. 

"You are pouting and frowning." The tall male pointed out. Prem's cheek instantly turned pink from embarrassment. 

"I was just thinking." He focused on cutting the carrot instead of Ten. 

"About what? It seemed pretty important to me." Ten shifted closer to him, leaning into his personal space. The movement made Prem nervous, but he tried not to show it. 

"I... I was curious why are you learning cooking?" Prem managed to stutter as he put the cut carrot to the side and grabbed the parsley. 

"I want to be more independent. It's not considerate to wake our housekeeper to cook for me in the middle of the night." Ten explained. Prem nodded knowingly.

"It's nice of you." A light smile spread across his face, showing off the cute dimple. Ten was a kind soul. You could hardly see this quality in rich people, not that Prem wanted to judge. 

"I tried the pre-cooked food. The one you put in a microwave, and it's ready to be eaten. It tasted terrible." Ten made an icky grimace. The glasses slid down his nose, making Prem giggle. 

"I know what you are talking about."He chuckled as he recalled the time his sister bought one of those items when they were younger. 

The water in the pot started boiling, and Prem put the vegetables in. He added some seasoning, put on a lid and let the fire do its job. Turning to Ten with a smile, he pointed at a small clock on the wall. 

"We have to let the soup boil." He glanced at the rest of the ingredients, thinking. Should he cook his special scrambled eggs for Ten? Would he like it? 

"You are thinking again, Cook." Ten poked his cheek. Prem flinched, blinking at the taller male.

"Do you like scrambled eggs?" He asked shyly. 

"I love them." Ten's eyes lit up eagerly. It reminded Prem of the puppy waiting for the treat.