Process (Khai/Third) - Notice me, stupid alpha

Author's note: Part 11/??

The familiar scent filling his nose, and the warmth spreading through his body from the person beside him felt like a dream. Third didn't want to open his eyes and face the harsh reality. Having Khai admit he was his alpha was just too unreal. Third stirred in his sleep. 

"Are you awake?" Khai touched his cheek. The unexpected move forced him to open his eyes. Third blinked a few times, trying to get rid of the dizziness. Glancing up, he saw Khai looking down at him. The soft smile on his face and the love in his eyes startled him. 

"My omega is so cute." Khai beamed. Third stiffened, processing the words his best friend just said. 

"Your omega?" He repeated uncertainly.

"You are my omega, and I am your alpha." Khai nodded. Third frowned, confused.
"How? Why?" He needed answers. Khai was silently looking at him, probably trying to find the right words.
"You don't want me to be your alpha?" He asked in the end. Third attempt to pull away, but Alpha didn't let him.
"It's not about me. I want to know, why are you suddenly so keen to be my alpha." Third, growled. The tiredness disappeared with the anger growing in him. Khai shifted on the bed, adjusting his position.
"It's not suddenly. I have been attracted to you for a while."
Third froze. It wasn't possible. He would have known if Khai felt the same way about him. There was no sign to prove his best friend's statement.
"Liar." He snorted, pushing at Khai's chest in an attempt to free himself.
"I am not lying. Wait and see."