【𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓶 1970】| 𝓒𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓼 𝔁 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓮

angst / fluff ?

ok.

just- just listen-
i was eepy.

ok but frfr, you mightve clicked on this from another certain fanfic you may know, but this one ain't the same. sorry. i guess.

i legit cried from the song- (you can listen to it above)
credit to Moonlight (not the Crossmare child istfg...) for making the song!

god im still in 2020 or some shit

(this is in some kinda other multiverse- i guess? you'll see how this plays out-)
also, a fanfic where NM is actually near the same age as Cross?!?! WOAH (well... technically... kinda...)

-

Nightmare was going about his normal day in the mansion, throwing another stack of papers at one of his servants to be delivered. At the same time as this, he was quickly strutting over to the mailbox to check if he had gotten any news back. He found nothing but a single letter. He reached inside the dark and damp mailbox with his tentacle and fished it out.

The letter was sealed with an old-fashioned wax seal, the color gold and in the shape of a rose. The goopy skeleton tilted his head at it, not remembering about getting any letters sealed like this. He looked on the back, trying to find out who had sent it. It said it was sent to... Darksun Rd. 1203. The house that was across from his mansion. Well, used to be across from his mansion.

He had to double-check the letter, triple-check, even. That house had been destroyed years ago, how come he had gotten a letter from that exact address? Opening the letter, he grumbled and walked back into his home. It must've been a mistake, something with lettering or numbers? No, he thought, sipping his coffee. The ink looked a bit fresh, as Nightmare put on his glasses for a moment to read it.

Here is what the letter read:

Dear U̶n̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ M̶a̶n̶s̶i̶o̶n̶,

You may know us as the small, more simple house across the road.
My name is Cross, and I am part of the Peñaloza family, and we want to get to know your family better.

We may not have a phone, but I'm sure sending letters or planning times to go out could work out.

Sincerely, Cross Peñaloza.

Nightmare sighed, at this point, it was probably some prank. Since he had nothing else to do, the dark skeleton decided to at least humor whoever's child this was. So, he wrote back.

Dear Cross Peñaloza,

Thank you for reaching out.
It's nice to know there is someone out there willing to talk.

How are you? Although, I'd much rather not care.
Why don't you have a phone? It seems.. peculiar, for someone in this mortal time.

I doubt I'd get out of this mansion, letters will have to do.

Thank you for writing.

-Nightmare Joku

Nightmare laughed to himself as he sealed the letter with a touch of negativity goop, not expecting to get anything back. He went back to his normal chores and work. 

. . .

Suddenly, a servant came into his office, dropping off a letter with the same golden flower seal. Again, he checked the address of where it was going to, and where it came from. It was the same, this truly was new...