𝕋𝕚𝕖𝕤 | ℂ𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕤 𝕩 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕖

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CROSSSYYYY (ik im late shuuut-)

(again, i made this one awhile ago so it was pretty cringe- i had to revise it. a lot.)

ah yes bit of lemon. (???)
(i regret this so much-)
( if theres any weird mistakes go ahead please tell me :') )

Nightmare: "Text"
Cross: "Text"
Other: "Text"

(HUMAN-ISH!AU???)

 Nightmare had been in his room for most of the day, determined to untangle the tufts of rough hair. He struggled, the brush scraping him clawed at his brain, it had become normal. Every one of his tentacles had a brush held it it's grasp. Brushing his long, raven colored, and sleek hair. He'd let out a groan every once and a while, sighing.

 He eventually got frustrated, slamming down all the brushes and started ripping apart knots of hair with his hands. "UGHH- WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG." Nightmare growled, followed with a few annoyed burbles of anger.

 Nightmare froze and stopped everything he was doing. Staring at the edge of the rugged bed trying his best not to burst into tears. When finally, he curled up into a ball on the cushions, a few tears escaping the ducts despairingly. He attempted to wipe it off, but the droplets only got stuck to his locks.

 His hair had looked so tangled it seemed to go on forever, the tears now soaking into the strands covering his face and body about completely. If it wasn't for the large tentacles that ripped out his back, he would've looked like some hairy monster from your Nightmares. Makes sense I guess.

 There was someone outside. Apparently, they'd been knocking for awhile. Then as soon as Nightmare looked their way, Cross was at the door. Staring at Nightmare concerningly with his head tilted. "Nightmare-!" He called. Cross ran over frantically, clearing the piles of stuff around the small skeleton and sitting beside him. It looked like he had been surrounded by hair products, desperately trying to fix his hair.

 Nightmare sniffed stubbornly, "What do you want?" he cleared hair away from his face, looking straight at Cross. Cross nervously stared back, clearing his throat. "Boss- are you ok? It looks like you need help-" He responded, although not answering Nightmare's question. He had also been extremely unsure of whether Nightmare would want his help or not, especially at this mood.

 The smaller skeleton huffed, seemingly annoyed. "OF COURSE I DO-" He coughed out as more tears flew out of his eye. He'd obviously try and cover that up, he wouldn't want Cross seeing him vulnerable now would he? His company was silent for a moment, trying to figure out what could possibly even help.

"Your hair, right? Turn around." Cross picked up a spiky, black plastic brush. Looking like he knew what he was doing, he skimmed his finger across the bristles. Nightmare shifted to stare at the wall, preparing for mass amounts of pain and scalp torture. He hugged his knees and hid half his face beneath crossed arms.

 Cross brushed it starting from the bottom and ending at the very top. Even if it did hurt, Nightmare was still slightly calm, knowing it was Cross guiltily reassured him. Cross was gently brushing, until it randomly got stuck. Nightmare suddenly tugged his head forward, managing to get the large brush out of his hair. "Augh- ow-" The inky black skeleton grunted and rubbed his scalp.

 Cross jolted and proceeded to retract the brush from Nightmare's head. "Sorry-" He placed it gently once more, slowing down the brushing. "-trying to do it soft as I can" He explained, relaxing his shoulders.

 Nightmare let Cross continue, trusting him extremely for some odd reason. "I can tell." He closed his eyes, sighing while trying to have peace of mind. The slightest color creeped up to his cheeks, squeezing his eye tighter to get whatever thought was in his mind.