𝕊𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡. ℂ𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕤 𝕩 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕖

uhm- welcome to my new book i guess-
this oneshot was made awhile ago so uhh- ehehe-
please enjoy-

a lil headcanon of nightmare not being able to sleep properly

(yes this be fluff)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today the Bad Sanses were a bit... Chaotic. Nightmare could barely even hear his music from everyone outside shouting and laughing. He would turn the music louder if it wouldn't attract any of them over, so he didn't.

 Nightmare knew there had to be some way, he's never had put on a different song before. The black octopus sat up in bed and sighed, thinking thoroughly for a moment. The music was calming, but not enough. Cross usually said Nightmare's voice was soothing (for.. some reason.) so maybe singing would help.

He inhaled deeply before the song's guitar melody had finished, "Days seem sometimes as if they'll never end.." His own voice truly was relaxing, making the short octopus lay back down and try to sleep.

"Sun digs its heels to taunt you.." His voice was slightly muffled, face stuffed in the blankets. "But after sunlit days, one things stays the same..." Nightmare's favorite part of the song was coming.

 "Rises the moon..." He hummed the background tune, it sounded pretty nice. He continued to sing a few more lines, eventually getting frustrated and giving up on that.

 He'd eventually decide on turning on a different song, or rather video. The video in question was, 10 Hours of Lofi Game Beats.

 He started playing the music and closed his eyes, nothing had happened like he guessed. Still refusing to turn up the music, Nightmare took out a small, soft, moon-shaped plushie.

 Even without turning up the music, someone found him anyway. That someone, was Killer. The rude, annoying, and childish Killer.

 Nightmare was alarmed suddenly, immediately throwing a pillow at the door and rushing up to lock it. He could hear Killer's laughs from the other side, and punched the door with a droopy tentacle. "Heheh.. hey boss, what song's playing huh? Baby Lullabies?" Killer mocked, making Nightmare scowl.

 Killer kept cackling, at this point Nightmare was done with all his shit and unlocked the door again. "What boss? Came back out to punish me with your sleepy time music?" Killer chuckled, not knowing what came next.

 Nightmare seized Killer's legs with two of his tentacles, using another one to open the door to his room. He tossed Killer in and slammed the doors closed. He walked back to his room, feeling like a damp towel as he heard Killer's faint mocking voice.

 "Aweee, baby Nightmare mad?" The small king still heard his muffled words from the other side of the house, slowly getting quieter and quieter.

 He sat on his bed for around half an hour, twisting and turning his tentacles in frustration. He couldn't sleep! His music wasn't working, even the plushies weren't helping for once in his life.. (Even the Cross one...)

 He tried to play the music again, this time most of the others were asleep thankfully.

yes cross view time

 Cross yawned, blinking lazily. He'd hear faint music from Nightmare's room. Getting up and turn open the door, slowly walking into the room.

 The octopus was sitting on the side of his bed, rubbing an eye tiredly when Cross walked in. "Boss?" He asked calm and caring.

 "Cross.. I can't sleep." Nightmare sniffed, trying to keep tears from flowing out. He was being.. vulnerable, for once.

 "Just try again-" Cross answered, about to leave the room until Nightmare began walking up to him.

 The taller looked down at the shorter octopus looking one, resisting to just pick him up then lay down with Nightmare in his arms.

 "No, I can't sleep and my music isn't working..." He started to cling onto Cross's legs, making the floofy oreo do nothing but have to stay.

 "Can you.. come back.. in bed.. with me..?" It looked as if Nightmare was on the verge of tears, now hugging onto Cross's legs tightly, almost making him collapse.

 Cross chuckled, patting Nightmare's head patronizingly. "Alright then." Nightmare's grip loosened, turning around keeping a tendril on Cross as they trembled to bed.

 They both laid comfortably, Nightmare grasped Cross, burying his face into his chest. He felt a light heat creep up to his face, now feeling slightly embarrassed.

 Cross snickered quietly, only progressing his boss' awkwardness. "S-Shut up you idiot." Nightmare growled into his chest.

 Cross patted the short, frustrated skeleton on the head, making a small cat-like noise emit from the smaller.

 "Pfft- heheh," Cross covered his face with a hand, laughing gleefully at Nightmare, "are you purring or something?"

(before you say anything it's practically confirmed that fanon nightmare purrs- cough EDIT: since when what-)

 "F-Fuck off- no I'm not." Nightmare's voice cracked, burying his face even deeper into Cross's shirt, making him blush a light purple too.

 The two were in a state of awkwardness and fluster, until Cross rested his head on Nightmare's. He purred again, followed with a few frustrated but adorable octopus noises.

 It seemed Cross was stuck in his mind until he accidentally blurted something out. "So cute-" The tint on his "cheeks" increased, only a few more moments until it completely covered his face.

 Nightmare removed his face from Cross's shirt, "So- what??" he'd ask in an annoyed manner. "What did you say Cross??"

 His embarrassment only advanced further, developing a bright purple blush across his face. "I- said- uhm, Flute." Cross tried his best to seem confident.

 Nightmare grumbled something, then proceeded to aggressively re-stuff his face into Cross's shirt once more. "I mean, I was willing to take the compliment but now I'm just hurt, Cross." He kind of rambled, blush rising once again on his cheeks.

 Cross smirked deviously, although the blush remained. "So, you don't mind what I say?" He seemed to be... planning something.

 "Whatever." NM growled into Cross's chest, and god did it still fluster both of them.
(EDIT: BAHAHHA-)

 "Al- right." The oreo stumbled on his words a bit, then cleared his throat quietly. "So boss, what else do you do for a living other than taking my breath away?" Cross laughed at himself, getting a whack in the face by one of Night's tendrils.

 "Ouch but- heh." Cross rubbed his head, then figured out the best way to fluster Nightmare. He kissed him lightly on the head, sending Night into a spiral of blue blush and embarrassment. "Is Nighty flustered?" Cross teased and rested his head on Nightmare's.

 Followed with a few more adorable but annoyed octopus noises, Nightmare hugged Cross closer with a few of his tentacles.

 They snuggled with each other for awhile, with Nightmare making random but cute sounds every once in a bit.

——————————————————————————————

(this is inspired by a Crossmare rp me and my friend did- credit to them for making the idea of nightmare having sleeping problems lol)
yes, i was crossy.

heheheheh hope you enjoyed your Crossmare

i might need help tho. this fandom is a hyper fixation <3
legit a metal death grip wtf-

Word Count: 1172

-o2/Owner 2/AK