𝕃𝕒𝕥𝕖. | ℂ𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕤 𝕩 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕖

waw

(istg i changed the title of this one so many times im sorry-)

-

Nightmare was starting to get a bit worried. He'd been waiting for the smaller to arrive for about 10 minutes now... What if he got hurt?! What if he was jumped on by some weirdos, or got kidnapped?! He tapped his fingers on the table nervously, causing a waiter to come by and check on him.

 "Excuse me sir, are you perhaps waiting for someone?" They asked, holding a tray of someone else's dishes. Nightmare's eye flicked up at them, "Oh, yes, he's a bit late.." His eye floated back down at the table awkwardly. "That's alright! Sadly, if he takes any longer we'll have to ask you to wait by the entrance." The waiter gave a small bow, placing a bowl of tomato sauce on the table. "Right.. sorry.." Nightmare slid the bowl closer to himself.

 "That's alright! Have a great meal once your friend gets here!" They left swiftly, a collection of laughs drowning out their footsteps. The goopy skeleton sighed, placing a hand on his jaw. He stared at the crimson red, heart-shaped box sitting on table. Waiting to be gifted. A bell sounded by the entrance, and the door quickly opened and closed.

 Cross scrambled over to the table, almost dropping the bouquet of roses he had. "Sorry Nightmare-!" He slid into his seat, giving his date an apologetic smile. Nightmare's face immediately brightened at the sight of Cross, bringing his head up. "It's alright, Crossy." He took a moment to smile back. "Right, I got you this." He handed Cross the box, hoping the chocolates didn't melt.

 Cross' face darkened instantly, he started to stutter. "O-Oh! Thank you- I uhm- got you something too.." Cross gave Nightmare the bouquet of roses, his face still flushed in a lavender tint. "Your welcome, and thank you~" Nightmare purred. His grin widened at the flowers. "There's something e-else with it, too-" Cross rubbed at the plasticky surface of the heart box. Nightmare took another look at the bundle of his favorite flowers, there was a flower crown. How sweet..

 "Pff- awwee~" Nightmare untied it from the bouquet, using his tentacles and placing it on his head softly. Cross twiddled his fingers nervously, trying to hide his "cheeks" by lifting his shoulders up. It was surprisingly cute to watch for Nightmare. "It's beautiful, thank you again, Crossy." Nightmare took one of Cross' nervous hands, bringing it up to his face and gently kissing it. The smaller shook suddenly, and his face darkened even more than thought possible.

 "Y-You're- w-welcome-.." Cross brought his hands to his hood, fluffing it up in a nervous state. A waiter came by and asked for their orders. Leaving with a nice meal, and heading to the park for a walk.

 "...I'm learning a bit of Spanish too-! Swap's been teaching me for a few months now, his tacos are really nice-" Cross was rambling on about tacos, his family, mostly brother Chara, and a few other things. Nightmare had been holding his hand and listening to the whole thing. Taking note he'd like tacos next time they went on a date. "Hey Cross.." Nightmare rubbed his thumb over his hand. "Hm?" He looked up at the taller, focusing on what he'd say.

 "Do you.. like the stars? And moon, possibly?" Nightmare raised his "eyebrows" waiting for a response. "I haven't thought about them much- but they seem pretty cool!" You could practically see the overflowing excitement in his eyes. "Why?" He asked. Nightmare chuckled at the sight of Cross' happiness.

 He pulled Cross over to a shady tree, pulling him down to sit against the trunk. Cross squeaked in surprise. The taller wrapped his tentacle around Cross, warming him up and bringing the smaller closer. "Look up."

 Cross did as Nightmare said, gazing at the sky as his pupils practically became what he was looking at. The stars were beautiful, sprinkled across the sky like toppings on a pure black cake. The moon being the centerpiece of all and outshining the others. Cross suddenly relaxed, letting his shoulders down to his legs loosen. "Woah.."

 Nightmare chuckled at his amazed face, he'd seen this bright sky a million times before. Cross looked like this had been his very first time. "It looks beautiful!" He says, looking back at Nightmare's eye in fascination. It was the cutest thing Nightmare had ever seen. "Not as beautiful as you.." He mumbled, staring up at the moon. "Wh-What?" Nightmare gave him a patronizing pat with a tendril, "You heard me."

 They gazed at the stars for a coupled more moments, a breeze washed over them. Nightmare caught himself staring at Cross, fiddling with his last gift. "Cross." He said, snapping him back into reality. "Yeah?" Nightmare pulled something out of his pocket, a velvet red pouch that jingled when you shook it. "I have just.. one last thing for you, Cross." Nightmare placed the small bag in Cross' hands, he carefully opened it. Inside, was a golden heart locket, just like his original one. He tilted his head. "Isn't this-" Nightmare interrupted him "Open it." He insisted.

 Cross fiddled with the opening, unlatching it to reveal a tiny rose petal. Unharmed and perfect. He quickly shut the locket, in fear of damaging or losing the petal. "Oh my gosh- Nightmare-" Cross held it in front of his face, observing this necklace's beauty. "Thank you.." He became perfectly relaxed, lowering the necklace down to his neck and locking it on. "You're welcome, Cross." He took another look at the locket, he couldn't believe Nightmare gave him this. "I-It looks so pretty!-" Cross was interrupted by Nightmare stroking his cheek. "It looks even more lovely on you~" He purred, gently grabbing Cross' chin and making the smaller face him.

 "H-Heh- Th-Thanks?" Cross uneasily smiled. He seemed extremely nervous, being this close to him. Nightmare smirked, leaning down a pressing his face against Cross' passionately. The shorter hesitated at first, easing in and pressing closer. They wrapped their arms around each other, Nightmare covering Cross with tentacles to continue warming him up. When they both pulled away, they were softly panting. "Love you, Crossy~"

-------------------

hello. i am tired. but, i am also bored.

this is an old-ish oneshot i copied from my notes.

feel free to comment if theres any grammar or spelling mistakes

enjoy ur crossmare, ill probably be making errorberry or smth "soon" <3 hopefully ya enjoyed this 👍

-o2/AK