Chapter 9: The Spartan Workshop

As they finished their military grade meals and cleaned up, the duo made their way in the direction of where the Spartan Workshop was.

The Spartans heard Olivia 2's voice over the intercom. "Noble 6 and Echo 5, I hope the facilities are to your liking. Once you're ready, head over to the workshop so we can undergo the process for your personal enhancements and augmentations."

"On our way now Olivia, we'll be there shortly." Jaesa said in response.

This unsettled the duo, as it appeared that the AI was not only watching them but tracking their movements as well.

Regardless, it makes sense to them as it was her base and her responsibility to it. So, they'll have to trust her for the time being if anything out of the ordinary happens that is a threat to them.

They arrive at the workshop to receive their new sets of armor and augmentations. Once they entered, Olivia 2's mobile podium and her holographic presence was waiting for them. "Ah, you two have arrived. Are you ready for improve yourselves?"

Noble 6 stepped forward with Jaesa behind him. "Ready as ever......where do we start?" She pointed to a machine. "To start off, you'll need to create a new identity, as you're the last of your squads and will become the legacy of your fallen comrades." Jaesa was perplexed by this. Why did they need to change their identities? "Why do we need to change our names? Aren't we already in the system?" "Correct Petty Officer LeClerc, but only your squad name or designation will be changed, not your official name or service number."

Olivia 2 looks at Noble 6. "As for you Spartan B-312, this will be no problem as you're already apart of ONI. Echo 5 you will need to provide a blood sample into the system in order to be recognized, as it appears that you're missing your dog tags."

Jaesa raised an eyebrow. "You mean be a part of ONI? Do I have a choice?" Olivia 2 nods yes as she tries to answer her questions honestly. "Of course madame. I may an AI in charge of a secret base of the Office of Naval Intelligence, but I will not replicate their doctrine. You have nothing to worry about." She ensures but sounds too good to be true.

Jaesa hung her head as she pondered about her decision. As she did, Noble 6 placed his right hand on her left shoulder. "I know you hate ONI in the past.....and so do I, but no matter what happens Jaesa, I will always be your side."

She gave him a soft side eye seeing him grip her shoulder lightly. This gave Echo 5 comfort knowing that she isn't alone in this. "You approve of this Ryan? Ever since our time back as marines in the academy.....we never trusted the word of these spooks." Noble 6 smiles at her caution, as she should be. "Well from an experienced spook myself, I would say this is a better option...... don't like it either, but it's better than being alone.....Trust me."

Jaesa took a deep breath and broke eye contact, she does trust her old friend, but she ultimately doesn't trust the organization that he's apart of. "Ok......I'll take your word for it........I just don't like this. And.....thank you Ryan...." He smiles lightly as he pat her shoulder. "What're partners for Jaesa."

Olivia 2 smiled at their relationship. "Splendid! You two make a great team. Now approach the machine and place your thumb into the scanner tube. It will extract a small blood sample in order to search and register your identity and add you to the roster among ONI."

Jaesa looks at the AI at what she meant by this. "So, I become an agent, just like that?" "Yes and no, madame. You'll become an 'informal' agent and or volunteer to ONI. You'll become full-time once you complete the official interview process and mission to prove your worth. I'm sure that Lieutenant Ryan aka Noble 6 will be able to aid you on that endeavor."

Jaesa took a deep breath processing this decision. What does she have to loose. Besides what happened recently, Reach fell, and her squad mates are dead and she's all that's left but not all is lost as she has reunited with her 'long lost' friend that is Noble 6. "Alright let's do this."