Chapter 7: The Overseer

After the two Spartan delt with their injuries, they were approached by the mysterious advanced AI by the name of the Overseer but prefers to be called Olivia 2.

Noble 6 and Echo 5 got acquainted with the base little by little and wish to relax and take advantage of the shower room. But Olivia insisted that they take a tour of Valhalla before they had free time.

Olivia 2 already knows that they've been at the warehouse and hangar, even the Spartan Workshop and medical and research facility. So the AI decides to show them the firing range and obstacle course.

"This way monsieur and madame is the firing and obstacle course. Follow me please." They follow the mobile hologram 'Roomba' that Olivia used to guide them, side by side. As they enter the halls that facilitates the firing range, it was massive.

Oliva turns to them with her artificial arms behind her back, standing at attention. "This is the firing range, it's sheer size and scale is designed to utilize every weapon type and or caliber." She pointed out the most secure area of the range designed for experimental weaponry both human and Covenant, tank guns, and explosive testing.

Noble 6 and Echo 5 were absolutely speechless at what they were seeing, they never saw anything like it. Jaesa was really impressed at how everything was presented. "This......is amazing. Leave it to ONI to make secret bases under the dime of the average taxpayer, but this takes the cake."

Olivia heard what she said, lightly chuckled. "All for the preservation and security of humanity against an existential threat Petty Officer LeClerc." Noble 6 pondered at what the AI had just said. "Are there any other bases of this scale anywhere in human controlled space?"

"That is unfortunately classified Spartan B-312." She responded. Jaesa rolled her eyes at Olivia 2, for answering her question. "I guess that it's a yes then. Galactic security and such." "That is correct Petty Officer, thank you for understanding......now follow me to the obstacle course."

Oliva and the 2 Spartans arrive next door to the Firing Range, to briefly be shown the obstacle course and how they can time their prowess in combat. They can use this to sharpen their skills as super soldiers against the Covenant.

15 minutes later, Olivia 2 had shown Noble 6 and Echo 5, a huge barracks that contained over 500 beds, a fully equipped gym and boxing ring, a mess hall with all the amenities and perks, an indoor aquaponics farm and water refinery that is used to grow food and create clean drinking water.

Olivia 2 was more than happy to show me the more vital infrastructure and facilities of the base. All except any classified area. "If you will follow me, the last few areas that will be declassified is the armory, electrical generators and surveillance center." So far the tour goes off without a hitch and had impressed the two Spartan 3's as this base was way more spacious than they originally had thought when they first arrived.

They were shown the room that held electrical generators that powers Valhalla, it was nothing special, but the surveillance center was something special.

Upon entering, the room was dimly lit but at the center of the floor, the outlines of a logo of ONI faintly glowed white against the darkness. The Spartans gazed upon a gigantic setup of digital screens and advanced equipment that oversees Sword Base and the surrounding perimeter.

Echo 5 looked at Olivia perplexed at the level of sophistication this room had and immediately got suspicious of the AI. "Any other surprises that you're hiding?"

Olivia didn't answer her, as silence remained. "And that concludes the tour Spartans......please enjoy your stay, and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask." She politely bowed to them and dematerialized into her mobile hologram podium and made its way back to where it came from.