Chapter 4: Against All Odds

At the remains of the final evacuation site, things couldn't be worse for Noble 6. He wanted to die on his terms, through the means of a final stand. But seeing his best friend and being reunited with him under dire straits only made things harder for him.

He had no choice but to bear witness to Echo 5 sob and beg for her life, he had to think of something. Noble 6 has no choice but to duel with the Field Marshal or else she'll be summarily executed in front of his eyes with him dying in the process.

The surrounding Elites laugh at the female Spartans suffering, mocking the Spartan for being weak. Jaesa swore at them. "Fuck you! Fuck you!!!!" she shouted as she weeps in pain.

The General looked upon his foes as he sympathizes with the 2 Spartans and decides to give Noble 6 a chance to redeem his honor. Even though he had nothing to do with it but will take responsibility for Echo 5's actions.

Noble 6 looks at Jaesa B-330 and sees her looking directly at him as if she sees his eyes through his helmets visor of the unknown Spartan before her, with tears in her eyes, then smiles grimly appearing to accept her fate if he loses.

He ultimately accepts the stakes and the duel with the Field Marshal resumes. "Prepare yourself human, I'm not as merciful as my counterpart." He growled. Noble 6 says nothing but got into his defensive and offensive melee stance.

He took one last look at Echo 5, and she is watching him. She's relaxed and tries to remain strong even when being held by her dark brown hair and an energy sword positioned at her neck.

For some reason, the ominous blue glow of the Elite Spec Ops energy sword made Jaesa B-330 face beautiful, even when in the face of death. But the connection was cut as the Elite General yells in English and explains the rules of the duel. "The rules are simple. Whoever wins the 3 and final round wins the duel, alive or dead, no cheating and fight fair."

"Begin the duel." He said in his native tongue, as it now begins and looks of fear in Jaesa's eyes grew as Noble 6 and the first Elite General clashed.

In the first round, the Field Marshal swiftly evades any attack the Spartan used, anticipating his moves. Soon after, both combatants became more aggressive as Noble 6 fights like a mad dog, so does the Field Marshal.

But the first round goes to the Field Marshal as the Elite was feinting and faking out noble 6 at every turn. This made Jaesa's heart sink, her lungs became heavy and tremble with fear, and the Spec Ops holding her hostage mocked her weakness. All she can do was watch and cry as the Spartan was thrown to the ground.

Things couldn't be any more dire as Noble 6 collects himself and tries to smarter and more aggressive with his attack. He has to outsmart this alien in red armor.

The second round began and Noble 6 dodged the slashes from the Elites' energy blade but kept a better defense, however he lost the second round the same way. By a fake out and feint attack, the Field Marshal's punched in full force striking at Noble 6's helmet, breaking the visor and the helmet being knocked off his head once more.

Jaesa seeing Noble 6 once again fall to the ground made her heart skip, worse than the first time as she was shivering with fear, she didn't want to die. "No......n.noo." She silently said to herself. To which the Spec Ops holding her hostage mocks her again. "That's right worm, now that your death is arriving soon."

Noble 6 then got up from the ground and realized that he helmet was off his head. He picked it up from the muddy ground to see that the helmet was pulverized, it's visor was smashed, and its structure was cracked as he tossed it back to the ground as it was now useless. His face was now visible for his enemies to see, even Jaesa who was watching in fear.