Chapter 6: Valhalla

After seeing an unusual Elite sneak up to the Spartans. Ryan and Jaesa split up to find the hidden entrance leading to a secret base underneath Sword Base to figure out what their foe was looking for.

Noble 6 went North and Echo 5 went South to start their search. They searched every corner, every inch of the known base that wasn't destroyed by the Covenant. Nothing turns up, until Jaesa managed to find something.

She calls out to Noble 6 from her suit's comms. "Hey. I think I found something......" And the Spartan made his way to the ground floor where they came from.

She waves over to him and lead him to the elevator. "See anything weird in this elevator we came from?" She asked. "No, why?" He replied as Jaesa points at what appeared to be a retinal scanner they hadn't noticed until after they arrived at Sword Base.

"It's odd that there is a retinal scanner at the elevator controls, and yet we didn't use it." She observed crossing her arms then looks at Noble with a curious look. "Care to do the honors, ONI spook?"

Noble 6 broke out with a smile, by his old friend's antics. "I missed your humor the most. You always knew how to make light of a bad situation." "Well somebody had to raise morale." She responded with a wink. Noble 6 walked over to the scanner to see if it's true. He look directly at the lens as a blue ray of light shins out of it. Then a green light flashed from the console. "Retinal scan accepted....... Welcome Spartan B-312."

The doors to the elevator shut and the light shift to red as they were going down. "Well....... looks like we've found the hidden entrance....and proven to me that you're actually apart of ONI." Jaesa said to her partner as the elevator was felt descending longer than anticipated.

"Not like I've had any choice in that matter.......and what matters right now is you and me, they don't control me....... Now, let's see why ONI has a secret base underneath Sword Base." Noble 6 said politely, not trying to hide anything from his old friend.

Jaesa smiles at his response as she leaned against the railing of the elevator. "Good........I'm glad to hear it....... After all this time, you haven't changed, and that shady organization hasn't stolen your soul."

He looks towards her with a soft look in his eyes as she enjoyed every second of her company. "Well.....not yet at least. Maybe I could become a cyborg." He responded, making her laugh as if all darkness around them disappeared.

"This is ONI we're talking about here Ryan, it wouldn't surprise me one bit." She added, and Noble 6 didn't complain about it as he didn't blame her for being cautious of his 'handlers'.

5 minutes later the elevator came to a complete stop and the floor level on the wall read 'negative 200' meaning that the 2 Spartans were deep underground.

They looked at each other as the doors open and didn't know what to expect from this secret base that is called 'Valhalla'. Upon exiting, the duo went down a plan looking hallway leading to a dead end.

A boring grey hallway stricken with silence and a low hum of the lights leading to nowhere and considering that this is a secret base, there has to be a hidden doorway.

Noble 6 and Echo 5 stepped out of the elevator weapons drawn and walked forward to the 'dead end' in search of a switch. Jaesa took a few steps from the right of the Noble 6 and heard an audible click that came from a floor panel.

The hidden passageway to the secret base opened before them. As the huge door slid open, Noble 6 looked at Jaesa. "Great work Petty Officer LeClerc." Echo 5 snorted lightly as she gave a half smile. "What can I say, I'm a natural."

The 2 Spartans moved forward to their little adventure underneath Sword Base as they saw the same boring hallway stretch for about a mile and networking left and right of the different areas of the base.