Chapter 1: Noble 6 and the Package

It is the 30th of August in the year 2552, a major human settlement that was the planet of Reach was about to fall after around a month of constant heavy fighting.

A continuous genocidal war against humanity by the religious cult that is known as the Covenant after over 20 years. Constantly on the defensive, humanity had been fighting a losing war winning decisive victories at heavy costs.

For miles, under the cover of a severe thunderstorm, cities were being raised to the ground, glowing fire spreads by the surface of the planet being glassed by Covenant ships.

Bodies of both human and alien were scattered across every settlement. Mercy was not given as millions on Reach were slaughtered in the name of a 'heretical existence'.

The planet was lost, and the final means of evacuation was already underway. But hope was not all lost on this day. A lone Spartan 3 by the name of Spartan B-312 or also known as Noble 6, the last of his team known as Noble Team would undertake an important mission.

He was being tasked by the creator of the Spartan Program, a woman by the name of Doctor Catherine Halsey to personally deliver an essential package containing an advanced AI by the name of Cortana directly to the Pillar of Autumn at any cost, so that she didn't fall into enemy hands.

Cortana has chosen Noble 6 to undertake this important task and trusts him to fulfill it for him being the 'most qualified' for the job. Clipping Cortana's container to the back of his armor for safe travels. This advanced AI was said to be the key to ending this senseless war once and for all. It was up to him to see his mission through regardless of the potential danger.

The Spartan soon left the laboratory Doctor Halsey was at as she was currently packing up and wiping any classified intelligence.

After he'd left, Noble 6 walked down a long hall and had reached the vehicle bay so he can select the most appropriate means of transportation to travel under the cover of the stormy night as time was not on anyone's side.

He scans around the vehicle bay and saw various people, both military and scientist were packing up to leave as soon as possible.

With the sound of thunder in the distance from the vehicle bay and the sound of heavy rain pelting the ground outside, the Spartan 3 sighs in defeat as he knew there was nothing he could do to save however was left out there.

He hung his head in shame for failing to protect those in need, he was no Spartan 2 and most certainly not like the legendary Master Chief who was waiting to receive Cortana.

In his sulking, in the left corner view of his visors HUD, from his tired eyes he noticed that someone was remotely connecting a private feed through his helmet. To his shock, Noble 6 saw a blue hologram of a young woman connect and materialize to his HUD and lightly smiled at him. It was Cortana herself.

Cortana wanted to start off the conversation on a high note, as she saw his morale drop clearly suffering, and wished to cheer him up. "Heya, handsome........how are you holding up? Are you feeling alright?"

The Spartan 3 took a deep breath seeing the advanced AI trying to communicate to him. He pondered what to say to her as he was far from alright. So he remained silent.

She took noticed and stopped smiling as she read his body language, he was a broken man let alone a super soldier fighting a losing war. The AI tilted her head to her right and gave Noble 6 a soft look from her artificial eyes as he made eye contact with her, then looked away from her as he went to see what there was for vehicles.

Cortana sighs in sympathy as she immediately felt what he felt from her capsule. Pain, suffering, and traumatic loss is what she felt from the Spartan. "You've been through a lot........Haven't you soldier?"