10

It would've been better to have never texted Tony back. It would've been easier, too. I could've gone on with my life like how it was before he came back to town. But a big part of me wanted to text him back no matter how stupid I knew it was. He left me before with no hesitation, I would be crazy to think he was incapable of doing it again.

Instead I ended up texting him telling him that I still want to see him. I have fun with him and it just feels nice to be with him. So we made plans for him to come to the bakery tomorrow evening with me so we could bake a little together.

7pm tomorrow night? I text Tony.

I don't even need to wait for him to text me back, his reply comes just seconds after my text to him. I can picture him sitting at home with his phone open on my chat just waiting for my texts to come through.

Yeah that works great for me. I cant wait

I smile at the sentiment of Tony being excited to bake. He's never been a huge fan of it and I know he's only excited now because it means we're hanging out. Tony's always been the type who was down to do things I was into even if it was something he didn't like because really all he wanted to do was just spend time together no matter what we did. He would be happy if we just sat in a plain room together. 

I text him back, albeit not as quickly as he texted me. My own thoughts caused a delay in my meassging time.

I cant wait to see if your baking has improved

Again, his reply comes quickly.

It hasnt

"So, tomorrow I was thinking we could go check out that new restaurant downtown?" Jordan asks me. He comes into the bedroom, already ready for bed which is unusual for him. While I'm the type to go to bed early, he's the type to go to bed around 2am and yet still he wakes up at 7 each morning feeling perfectly rested. 

"Oh, I can't." I tell him, my gaze not even lifting up from my phone. Now I'm the one just waiting with their phone open.

"What're you doing tomorrow?" Jordan asks, milling about. 

"I'm just going to be at the bakery working on some stuff." I say quickly. Technically it's not a lie, I'll be at work it's just not really for work itself. I don't want Jordan to worry about me hanging out with Tony, so if I don't tell him then he's not able to worry, right?

"You've been working a lot more lately." Jordan says, a small frown on his face. 

It's true, I've been at work a lot lately these days. Twice now I've stayed late at work because I took a longer than expected break with Tony during the day so I had to make the time up after hours. My life has been so focused around the bakery that I never took time to just enjoy myself and now thats what I'm doing and its been fun. Its been exactly what I need.

"It's been a busy time." I say to Jordan because again, technically it has been. All the things I'm saying to Jordan have truth behind them even if they're not the full truth.

"Hm, well, make sure you set some time aside for me, okay? I've been missing my girlfriend a little."

I look up from my phone to really focus on Jordan for the first time since he came into our room. He's at his dresser organizing his clothes that I folded earlier today. As I look at him I'm struck by that same weird guilty feeling I've been having lately. I know not telling him about Tony is wrong, but I can't bring myself to actually tell him.

My phone buzzes, pulling my attention away from my thoughts of Jordan.

It's Tony again. I knew it was him texting me before I even looked down to check. No one else texts me this much.

I'll see you tomorrow 😊 Sleep good

"Who's you texting so late?" Jordan asks me as he climbs into his side of the bed.

"Oh, just Dena about something I want to add." I say quickly. I click my phone off instantly, scared that Jordan saw my texts.

Jordan knows that I bumped into Tony the other day, but I didn't tell him that I've seen Tony a couple of times since then. I see no reason to let him know. Tony and I are friends, and it would be weird if I told Jordan every time we hung out. I don't tell Jordan every time I see Dena, do I? This is no different I tell myself.

Deep down, a voice that I want to quiet, whispers to me telling me that if it truly were no different then I would've told Jordan.