Chapter 39

Flashback 14
7th December 1996
───── 𓆚 ─────

"Good morning sweetheart" Mattheo whispers, pulling me in closer to him. My arms wrap around his chest as his scent overpowers me and I turn my head away from him. "Good morning" I smile, not that he could see it.

"How did you sleep, my love?" A blush overtakes my cheeks, my love, his love. "Good, how did you sleep?" He chuckles softly. "I haven't yet"

I turn to him immediately pressing myself up to look at him. "You haven't?" He shakes his head. "And why not?" "Because" his hand moves to the back of my head pulling me in closer until our lips are an inch apart. "I had some things to do."

He leans in but I push him away. "Things?" Confusion overtaking me with his cryptic answers. "Correct love, that's what I said." I roll my eyes at his sarcasm getting out of the bed and walking to the bathroom.

He runs in behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist as he looks at me through the mirror. "I had to do a task, and I had to make sure we weren't caught."

My heart drops, or maybe it's just stopped beating?

"Oh, right." My voice drops and he notices instantly. "That's why I didn't want you to leave our room last night, I didn't want you to see that." His lips move to my neck, placing a light kiss where my neck connects to my shoulder.

"Nothing to wrap your pretty head around, just trust me, okay?"

I nod, purely because I don't think I have another choice. It's not like I want to know and I doubt he would tell me even if he did.

"All you need to know" he murmurs, kissing my neck. "Is that I'm" He kisses my neck again. "Always going to protect you." He spins me around and our lips connect.

He kisses me softly but passionately as my arms wrap around his neck. His arms move behind my thighs and pick me up, placing me on the bathroom counter.

"You are so beautiful" he murmurs against my lips. He doesn't stop kissing me, even when I break free gasping for air his lips only move to my jaw. Like I'm a drug he can't consume enough of.

"Mattheo, we're going to be late for class" I laugh, pushing him off me. "Sorry Little Bird, I didn't mean to upset you." His lips press to my forehead for a light kiss before picking me up and placing me down on the ground again.

He walks out of the bathroom, throwing a pair of sweatpants at me and I put them on before we walk down to the dining hall for breakfast.

I've started to sit with Mattheo rather than at my own table, now that I have no reason to sit at the Gryffindor table it seemed to only make sense I joined his.

"Good morning students" Dumbledore calls capturing everyone's attention.

"Last night, three students and a professor were taken from their rooms. I must stress the need for you all to walk around in pairs. For the senior students we will be making an exception to our rules, you may sleep in each other's dorms on the condition you tell one of the professors which room you will be staying in. For our junior students, you will be required to sleep in your shared dorms. Although we do not have many answers at the moment, I assure you we have a team of Aurors investigating and trying to find out what happened. For the time being, they will be walking around the school. Please do not disrupt them."