Chapter 8

Protego:

Used to rebound common Jinxes, Hexes and curses and deliver them back to the attacker. The spell casts a three-foot shield in the direction in which the spell was cast from.

- Guide to the defence of the dark arts

────────── 𓆚 ──────────

73 days missing

I wake up to the sound of the door opening, looking up I see Wolvric. He enters with another tray of food for breakfast but it's different today. An omelette and some orange juice. Not that I'm complaining, It's some of the nicest food I've had since I was kidnapped.

"Good morning Princess, how did you sleep?" He asks sitting at the foot of the bed. He leans across to me resting his arm on my leg.

I rub my eyes trying to properly wake myself up before answering. "Good" I mumble sitting up, and allowing him to place the tray on my lap.

"Do you want to watch a movie today? It's supposed to rain tonight, and the other Aurors will be on a task. It would give us some nice time alone." He looks at me with one of his comforting smiles that I know is going to cause me harm.

"Yeah, I would like that. Thank you." I start to eat the food, and he places some newspapers on the bed before walking to the door.

"I would like you to read those, please, Alora. Come downstairs when you're ready" He walks out closing the door behind him. I finish my food quickly, like usual, and pick up one of the newspapers.

The Daily Prophet

Breaking News: 34 more Aurors found dead. Work of Mattheo Riddle?

Sources say that the 34 bodies found all belonged to the Ministry of Magic, working as Aurors. Mattheo has recently increased his interest in Aurors. His total kill count is now 57. Rumours have started to spread that he is looking for one Auror in particular.

This could be related to the increase in attacks on the Riddle Manor. Sources have confirmed Mattheo is more anxious than usual, his death eaters are yet to comment on the situation.

I put down the paper looking at the photo of Mattheo, the same one that has him in Slytherin uniform. How could someone be so evil, so cruel? Wolvric is right when he says Mattheo is not a good person.

I pick up the next newspaper and look at the title.

Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy: The New Generation of Death Eaters?

Theodore and Draco were caught leaving the Riddle Manor, masks in hand, after presumably getting their dark mark. No sources can confirm what happened in the Manor, but it is likely the theory is true considering their friendship with Mattheo Riddle and ..............

Theodore and Draco have declined any requests to comment. Although a previous friend of Theodore and Draco confirmed it was always their intention.

The second name has been removed. It only makes me more curious as to who it is about. I keep reading and finally see the photo at the end of the article, It's Dray.

I don't pick up the third newspaper. Instead, I start to stare at the wall, becoming overwhelmed with all this new information. Then it becomes clear, the boy in my dreams, the boy I can never seem to recognise... is Mattheo Riddle

That can not be possible, he was in my dreams before I saw a photo of him, and I don't even know him.

I walk to the bathroom, taking a shower to clear my mind and letting the cool water run down my body. I don't know why I have continued to do this when I am no longer being beaten by Reg, but it has become a habit.