seven

CHAPTER SEVEN: The one where he signs up to get himself killed

Lia had spent the past few hours catching up with Chef Zeff and Sanji, the people who she called her family. Zeff had a hard exterior but inside he was soft, especially when it comes to those he cares about.

Nami, Lia, Zoro and Usopp were outside at the bar drinking whilst Luffy was still helping out on the kitchen as his payment method.

'look at him, like he doesn't have a care in the world,' Nami was staring at Usopp who was dancing around shirtless, he had clearly drank over his limit which Zoro had previously warned him about.

'what are you charging around that's so heavy?' One thing ahout Zoro was that if he wants to find something out he'll find out one way or another.

'you have no idea,' Nami was the most mysterious one of them all, all anyone knew about her was that she was a thief, they knew nothing at all about her upbringing.

'i bet i do,' Zoro was smart, Nami hated being proved wrong so if he guessed wrong he had a high chance of her spilling all.

'i guess something about Nami, you drink, you guess something about Lia, she drinks, Lia guesses something about me and I drink,' Zoro suggested, pouting shot glasses as he explained.

'go ahead tell me all about yourself,' Nami sighed, she knew no one would guess correctly.

'i bet you grew up in a big city running schemes, hanging out in swanky bars like this one,' Zoro guessed about Nami.

'you must be thirsty,' she smirked at Zoro.

'i grew up in a small village, barely a village. just a handful of houses in the centre of a tangerine grove. drink,' Nami explained the tiniest bit of her childhood.

'i bet you're not with us for the one piece, you're using us as a bypass,' Nami looked straight at Lia.

'explain,' Lia responded bluntly.

'after you told us about how your parents left you for a lead on the grand line it's made me think you're after them and when you find them you're gonna leave us all, even if it's for dead,' She had both Nami and Zoro staring at her. Nami believing she was correct and Zoro looking hopeful that it wasn't true, watching her every move to make sure she didn't go to pick up the shot glass.

'wrong,' was all Lia said.

'you can't lie in a game like this, you have to play fair come on Lia,' Nami smirked at her, she truely believed she had her all figured out.

'at the start yes, just so happens i was after the map too but you guys found it, i was prepared for us all to get there and me find my parents, but not to go with them i couldn't think of anything worse-' Lia started.

'but now i don't feel like that. finding my parents along the way might be a plus but i don't want to go off with them, it's the last thing i want to do. I feel like I belong here, i feel like im understood, i wouldn't do that to you,' although Lia meant to aim this at the whole crew she was looking at Zoro the whole time. but she meant every word she wouldn't leave Zoro for anything, promises meant a lot to them both, they knew they'd always have each other.