two

CHAPTER TWO: the one where they get kidnapped by a clown

Whilst Zoro was asleep in the only bed on the boat, Lia was trying to sleep on the floor, she had gotten used to such rough conditions that she didn't mind it. Although, she wasn't doing much sleeping as all she could hear was clicks from the safe that Nami was trying to unlock. Nami and Luffy bickering wasn't helping her sleeping situation either. She wound be lying if she hadn't thought about just killing them both atleast once. She was on edge the whole time, this was the first time that Lia didn't know her next move, normally she'd kill everyone and move on but it felt wrong to do so in this moment, and to these people. Part of it is because she'd seen them fight and also because they're doing her a favour by also trying to travel the grand line, maybe she needs their help after all.

Waking Lia from her daydream, Nani finally unlocked the safe revealing a long gold tube which contained the
map of the grand line. Lia had never moved so quickly, she could not believe that she was actually staring at the thing she had been hoping to get for months, even years.

'that's it? isn't there suppose to be gold inside a safe? of jewels?' Zoro lifted open the safe, to reveal there was nothing else inside of it.

'this is my valuable than gold. it's knowledge' Nami, didn't seem to like Zoro wanting more than the map.

'it's a map to the grand line,' Lia's eyes lit up like a kids during christmas.

'the grand lines it's right um,' luffy was pointing at the map, clearly unable to read it, which made lia laugh slightly. She found it funny how he wanted to be the king of all pirates yet he didn't even know where he was going exactly.

'guess i need a navigator on my crew,' he stared at Nami. if she had a tiny piece of treasure for the amount of times Luffy had asked one of them to join his crew she would actually be rich, she wouldn't even need to find the one piece at that point.

The four of them went inside where Nami was explaining the four seas, the red line and the grand line. she was a good navigator. if not good she was the best, she knew exactly what she was talking about. 

'The grand line, it's a treacherous stretch of ocean with bigger islands, bigger cities, bigger pirates,'

'and that's where we're gonna find the one piece,' Luffy was excited and ready for the adventure but all Lia could think about was finding her parents, if someone hadn't already killed them.

'i've taken out a lot of pirates looking for that thing, what is it? like a big diamond or something?' Zoro seemed confused, which explains his disappointment to the empty safe earlier.

'it's Gold Roger's treasure, he hid it somewhere in the grand line. all in one piece,'

'it's a myth,' Nami had cut Luffy off. 'the reason no one's found it in twenty two years is because it downer exist,'

'can't wait to see the look on your face when we find it,' Luffy was one of the most enthusiastic people that Lia had ever met, he didn't listen to anyone one else's option, if he had something on his mind he was determined to fulfil that.

The group distrusted by red fireworks going off outside, which confused everyone but Lia, she knew exactly who's trick this was.

'seriously?' she said allowed the whole group turning to her.

'is that the marines, how did they find out,' zoro was confused, clearly he hadn't come across this group of pirates yet.

'not marines but todays about to get a whole lot worse,' she informed the group, there as no escaping this one.