three

CHAPTER THREE: The one where she starts to get vulnerable

If anything Nami had it the best, she was sat down in a bird cage which looked pretty spacious. Zoro had his hands and feet tired, and Lia was sat on the pole of a trapeze with her hands tired to the ropes either side of the pole, she could already feel her arms getting tired.

'when i ran out of the tent i saw a town, or what was left of one once Buggy destroyed it,' Nami was saddened by what she had seen.

'you mean after tried to leave us for dead?' Zoro still trying to get his hands free.

'i know your type, if there's nothing to gain you're out,' Zoro told Nami.

'says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of berry,' the two were going back and forth at this point, they could probably go on for hours.

'it's what he does,' Lia interrupted the two, she couldn't deal with anymore bickering so for once she decided to speak up.

'what do you mean,' Zoro asked looking up at the girl who was a few feet above him.

'Buggy, it's what he does. He takes people or over runs towns to make them part of his circus, to make it part of his show. the more people he has helping him the stronger he technically is. he's pretty strong already but with people helping him it's worse, they have no remorse,' she explained.

'how do you know him exactly?' Nami asked the girl staring straight at her.

'i've been in this situation before, although without the being tied to a trapeze. This isn't my first run in with Buggy,' she tried to be as vague as possible. she hated opening it, she thought it made her weak.

'sorry? you've been in this situation before and you didn't think about telling us?' Nami was getting angrier.

'yeah because I've had time to do that. Before i could say anything we were passed out from the smoke' Lia defended herself, it's what she was good at.

'explain,' Nami bluntly said to the girl whose arms were just getting pins and needles.

Lia just stared at Nami, she didn't like talking about herself let alone her past. she didn't want people to see her get emotional.

'i bet shes one of them, she's part of the act, she's the one that's at fault, she knows where the map is she'll hand it straight over,' Nami was trying to provoke the girl. She knew Nami would happily leave her for dead if she got free. Lia had no choice but to explain.

'i'm not with them,' Lia looked at Zoro who was staring at her.

'a few years ago when i was with my parents and the rest of our crew we were kidnapped but Buggy, he believed the people we were with knew the whereabouts of the grand line so he tried to get it out of them, but we didn't know anything about it so it just resulted in a lot of deaths,' this was the first time she had started opening up to people.

'so you're a pirate?' Zoro asked.

'no. i'm just colateral damage. i don't class myself as a pirate, any pirate title died when i was abandoned by those who swore they would do anything to protect me, leaving me for dead,' Lia told them. this was just the surface of everything that happened. there was a lot more to it but she didn't wanna get even more vulnerable to people who could leave her for dead again at any minute.