five

CHAPTER FIVE: The one where they're in trouble again

Lia and Zoro made their way over to the dressing room to find Luffy and Nami admiring all the clothes. There was an endless selection of clothes she had everything in every colour. It was much better than the combats and cargos that Lia was used to.

'what do you think?' Nami was showing her options to the rest of them.

'you look like nami,' if you wanted an honest blunt answer, Luffy was the person to ask.

'does that butler seem familiar to you guys?' Zoro had no interest at all in searching through the thousands of clothes that were hung all around them.

'yeah i think he was at the last dinner party I attended,' Nami poked her head around the corner.

'here Lia try this,' Nami chucked her a black satin dress for her to try on.

Lia slid the dress on and made her way back round the corner to show the others.
'how's this?' she asked staring at herself in the mirror that was behind them. the dress was a nice black satin with the skirt that flowed and stop just above her knees. she'd never seen herself in a dress before, the closest thing to it was when her mum would dress her up in skirts when she was a kid.

'you look beautiful,' Nami smiled at her. it was true Lia really did look beautiful and Zoro though so too, hence why he was just staring at her. as Lia diverted her eyes from staring at herself in the mirror she made eye contact with Zoro, the two just smiled at each other.

——

Everyone was now downstairs waiting for Kaya's grand entrance whilst eating the appetisers and drinking the alcohol that Buchi and Sham had provided for them all.

'this all feels weird,' Lia whispered to Zoro, Luffy and Usopp were too busy scoffing their faces and Nami was trying to find out information to do with the boats.

'i know, i recognise him from somewhere i just can't put my finger on it,' Zoro looked up to see Klahadore and Kaya making their way to the top of the stairs for her grand entrance.

'may i present, Miss Kaya,' the two walked down the stairs together.

'Nami, Lia i love them dressed on you,' she addressed them both.

She led them all the the dining room where Zoro and Lia sat next to each other, putting their weapons on the back of their chairs. They didn't trust anyone enough to be at dinner without them.

'i'd love to try fish tonight,' Kaya asked the butler.

'i'm sorry miss Kaya but that is not possible,' she was very disappointed that she wasn't able to try it. Anytime Klahadore spoke it put Lia on edge, she could tell he was manipulative, there was something off about him but she couldn't quite figure out what it was, but she would figure it out even if it was the last thing she was going to do.

'Kaya it's your birthday you should be able to eat what you want,' Nami spoke up.

'Miss Kaya's medical condition necessitates that I closely monitor her dietary needs,' he was so adamant in Kaya doing anything and everything he says.