four

CHAPTER FOUR: The one where the memories come flooding back

The 'crew' as Luffy liked to call them were on their way to syrup village, to pass time Luffy wanted to make them a sail. A dodgy looking skeleton face with a hat on,

'it's our jolly rodger. every pirate crew has to have one. and now we do,' Luffy was so proud of his work.

'we're not a crew and you are not hanging that on my boat,' nami was not impressed at all.

'zoro, lia, check it out,' He wanted a second and third opinion.

'i'm not a pirate. so i'm not part of this crew,' Lia defended, it's the one thing she hated being called. like she said before, any pirate title died the day the ones who were suppose to protect her left her stranded.

'nami i think the toilets busted,' zoro informed her.

'we don't have a toilet,' nami was quite concerned

'well something back their is leaking.' nami quickly ran inside closing the door behind her. she was acting strange, ever since yesterday, she's been acting weird. of course this resulted in more bickering, nami accusing everyone else when in reality it was just the boat.

'ok, everyone crew meeting,' Luffy tried to stop the arguing.

'not a crew,' the three of them said in sync.

'we're gonna need a better ship to make it to the grand line, a real pirate ship. worthy of the straw hat crew,' Luffy told them.

'look i get you want a crew but i don't want to be part of it, the last thing i am is a pirate. i'll get off at the next town and i'll go my separate way,' Lia told them. she loved the company, she really did but she didn't want it to end the same way as before. she didn't want to get too close to these people just to be abandoned.

'and what do you plan on doing? jumping from ship to ship?' Zoro asked her.

'if that's what i have to do then that's what i'll do, i just can't be part of a crew it doesnt work out for me,' she told him, once again they were just staring at each other, forgetting there was two other people on this boat.

'you can't let your past define your future,' Luffy tried to comfort her.

'you don't know what i've been through,' was the last thing she said before she went inside, she just sat there trying to remain strong. she hated thinking about her past, she wanted to erase it all because it made her nothing but sad.

———

They eventually arrived at Syrup Village in hopes of getting a new ship. Luffy found one which he basically fell in love with, a big ship with a rams head on the front. A male, who they found out was called usopp jumped out whilst they were looking at the boat, explaining everything it about it, which made luffy fall even more in love with it.

'the owner of this ship happens to be my closest friend in the world,'

'your friend owns this ship?' nami questioned the boy, he lied about being the salesman so wouldn't surprise me if he lied about being her friend too.