ten

THE OUTLANDER, THE EESENA AND THE HYDRO ARCHON pt 2

after melus came back from asking the gardes about the criminal escaping through the vents, navia began to explain how the trials worked. "during the proceedings, the iudex and the oratrice will hear the statements from both sides." [name] shook aether's arm gently, "the indennitium! that's how it's created! remember?" her bright smile made the others chuckle at the excitement while navia agreed.

"the emotions created from the entire case will be projected on the oratrice, as if it has its own will and is a judge in it's right. " melus addes in, fixing his glasses as he spoke. "this also precludes any favortism on part of the cheif justice.. not that this has ever happened anyway. " silver nodded as navia continued, "once the iudex has heard both sides and makes the final decision, that too will be used by the oratrice as a reference until the officals consult it and the results return as the will of 'justice' itself. "

the auburn haired girl blinked slowly, "you mean to tell me y'all rely on a machine for the crimes done here in fontaine? " her question earned a nod, making her lips purse slowly. she shook her head, deciding to keep quiet on the matter until she felt it was important.

"oh and before i forget, the gardes said none of us will be able to leave before the trial. "

paimon gasped in shock frowning at basically being told they could not dine and enjoy delicious food despite having a small snack earlier. aether shook his head at her reaction, listening to the older man speak. "being that we've chosen to be help of the twins, we are now persons to the case. " navia huffed lightly, "they're concerned we might be colluding with outside parties or have them help us disrupt the case.. " "which wouldn't be baaad, " aether started before smiling at the angry oat he recieved on his back. "im joking, [name], don't worry. we'll win this case. "

the princess smiled softly as she looked over the notes. they would be provided with food, no matter the choices despite it not being purely delicious or amazingly sweet. but that seemed to change as they made their way to where they first started only to see melus pull out a stove and silver pull out the ingredients.

paimon turn to the two with raised eyebrow, receiving a shrug from aether and no reaction from the eesena as she watched with stars in her eyes. "woahh.. you humans really do carry these things around? " aether took a moment to think about that, humming lowly in thought. he did carry a teapot with a stove inside the land, but he doesn't want to overwhelm her too much.

  melus smiled, "only because the demoiselle would love to bake whenever the need strikes her. " navia began to prepare the sweets and [name] took a seat beside the blonde and white haired girl. she took a cookie from her plate, munching on it as she listened to the conversation while sipping her cup of tea.  "let's begin with our discussion! going back to what paimon said earlier, the tunnel somewhat seems to be a secret chamber. " the note book was open in the middle of the table as they conjured ideas.

from the point to the lack of motive, to a possible altercation between halsey and the criminal and ending with the third person as either halsey or the desceased cowell. [name] groaned inwardly as she shoved the second cookie she had in her mouth. why was finding the correct answers always the hardest?

her eyes trailed over the book, frowning softly as she looked over the booking. they were going from dead end to dead end. she leaned back, reaching for her last cookie only to see that it was gone. she blinked owlishly, looking towards paimon. "that.. that can't be right! paimon only counted three honest. " aether had his elbows on the table, watching paimon frantically look around while his shoulders shook lightly.

"at my age, a few less sweets might actually be a good thing. " the aubrun haired girl shook her head, "oh don't say that, mr melus, you look incredible! " the man shook his head bashfully, bowing in it in thanks. "no no.. being greedy is one thing, but paimon KNOWS how to count. "