eleven

THE TRUE FINALE

"miss, i must ask you not to shout and, to respect the ongoing legal proceedings." the judge took a seat as he waited for the young woman to speak up. navia frowned internally as she looked upon the judge she once held massive respect towards. "oh come on! don't be hasty," she smoothed oujt her skirt peacefully without any shame in her game. "i have a good reason for interrupting! would anyone here like to take a little break from this debate.." her glossed lips made a wide smile as she eyed the crowd and lifted her hands to shake them.

"and use a litttle magic?"

her stance siftted as her hat covered her face,"i'll shiw you an amazing trick! one that will bring a young woman back in the flesh from her disappearance, right before our very eyes." her bcrystalline gaze turned towards lyney. "if you would be so kind to do the honors, mr. lyney."

the uproar of murmur from the crowd made the group blink a bit. aether turned to paimon and [name] with a raised eyebrow, only to receive two shrugs and shaking of the head from both. lyney looked at his lawyers in a bit of distraught at the request before shrugging it off and stepping forward. "no offense, miss, but miracles like that are beyond my prowres as a magician." navia crossed her arms as she gazed back towards the obviously shorter male, making him flinch inwardly at her unamued stare.

[name] giggled as she saw the slight shiver go fown his back before leaning into aether. the boy blinked at the head on his shoulder, smiling and gently rubbing her cheek with his index finger. she closed her eyes, humming quietly as she leaned into the finger.

navia spoke proudly infront of the crowd about magic and it's redirections while melus and silver placed the magic box in the middle of the stage. "don't worry, spina di rosula has already made the adjustments, but.. we need you two to finush today's grand finale. " lyney and lynette glanced at each other before taking a look at their lawyers. paimon shrugged while aether gave them a look of 'it's a win lose situations. ' their identical eyes glanced at the princess who nodded quickly, whispering softly. "you got this! "

lyney shrugged, looking towards the box and snapping his fingers quiet loudly through the gloves. lyneytte hummed as she faced it's direction, "and voila. "

the beams of light cut on as they flashed towards the box as it opened and exposed the missing woman. the crowd broke out in the whispers of shock while neuvilette and furina stared down at the box with different emotions. furina's held disbelief and a bit of guilt while neuvilette's hard gaze held some relief at the sight of the missing person. [name] jumped lightly, shaking aether and lyney by their shoulders at the sight of 'halsey'.

"I'm sorry, but i admit it. I'm the one who killed cowell. " h̶a̶l̶s̶e̶y̶ liliane revealed her true name and background while confessing the entire truth. how she was a theif new to the area and was found out by lyney prior to stealing a ticket to see his magic show.

"when he mentioned the fortress of meropede, i felt terrified and played along while looking for an exit.." she rubbed her hands against the skirt of the overalls she was currently wearing. "but then i got water poured on me for no reason! then someone jumped into the tunnel to nap me."
the blonde looked up, placing a hand over her heart as she poured out her heart to what happened. she explained that she knocked cowell out since she wasn't going out without a fight, changed her clothes and hid in one of the boxes until the coast was clear.
paimon lifted her arms as she looked between her companions. "can a person even hide in there?" aether placed a hand on his hip, touching his chin with the other. "a professional thief could make it work." charms shook as the princess nodded her head rapidly, "or a really flexible person." 

her voice was watery as she wiped tears from her eyes. "i swear! i swear i didn't know that the water tank would fall down," she looked up again to the iudex who felt his resolve loosen before it built back up. "i may be a theif, but i'm not a killer!" she was allowed a moment to settle down in silence before she was escorted out.