i

exordium

   THE BOOK OF THE EESENA

the tales of a life force similar to that of an oceanid yet with a human experience has been the greatest mystery of teyvat as a whole. there have been many sightings across the globe. such beautiful tails that glimmer in the darkest of depths and nights. such an appendage that seems to rivals the stars with it's beauty.

such sightings have been dated back before the time of the primordial one. these creatures were known be able to weild all elements and even when the sovereigns were deliberately stripped of their authority, they and the primordial one had made sure to be extra precautious with such species.

once the primordial had the world rehabilitated for humanity, it made a law that all would suffer. The Eesena were a neutral party until they choose to be involved. being that the primordial one never saw any sign of violence and aggression from this group, it deemed them similar to an precious gem.

it was to be cherished and out of harms way.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚   🫧    ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

outside of the fortress of meropide surveillance area, the lights trailed it's surroundings calmly. the guard watched on the cameras as she sipped her tea. until there was sudden movement on camera three to her left, her eyes narrowed before the sirens [alarm] roared in volume.

someone was swimming when they shouldn't be.

her eyes widened at the sight of a creature with a long tail and human physic. unfortunately for her, one second she caught sight of it's figure and in the next, it had vanished.

the guard jumped up as the door opened for a watcher switch, making sure the footage was saved onto the device before running towards the Duke's office. "Your Grace! Your Grace! " her footsteps rung throught the fortress, making a few of the inmates turn as she ran. they rolled their eyes as it's just a normal day for her to do this

"Your Grace! "

once she entered his office, she bent over and panted harshly for a good moment. "Klarissa, i see you've come to me with another interest.." his light blue eyes looked up from his paper work boredly as he sipped on his tea.

her voice staggered as she spoke, taking her time. "An eesena! it was on the kamera, your Grace! The prophecy will come true!" the duke stopped as he set his cup of tea down, sighing softly. "Klarissa, the Eesena is an old wives' tale parents tell their children to keep their imagination strong. "

the woman immediately took her kamera, showing the live feed that was recorded. the man's eyes widened at the sight. klarissa was telling the truth yet again. "Please, make an appointment with the Iudex. I'll hold onto this until we have a solution. "
his eyes narrowed a bit, "and do not tell a soul. "

his gaze made the woman flinch slightly, nodding her head, "yes sir. " "good, you're free to go..  and here's some coupons. " he gently handed her 1200 coupons, his smile fading slightly as she skipped away.

"perhaps i could use a vacation. "

ACT I
   THE SIREN'S SAD SONG
has begun