CHAPTER (29): LADY

"I'm the muhhfuckin' queen, now who gone check me?"

 POV OF JETTA CARTER 

"My Africa. I cannot have a Carter, with no heart." He whispered in my ear, knowing what it would do to me. I'm his queen. And that's how he do. He took back my heart, holding me so tight. Fightin' and fuckin' and taking his tears, he fucked me til I gave in. He's my king, the father of my children, we've been through Hell together, built this shit together, too rich and too fine to give away to these bitches--he's mine. So I couldn't help it. I fucked. Til me and him both got satisfied.

DJ dominates and turns me out, and upside down, like the grand and grimy thug that he is. And it felt so good. I was exhausted from his love.

And then I woke up. And DJ was gone.

And I found myself locked in that panic room alone, with two maids and a huge bouquet of roses, and a feast laid out in front of me. Fit for a queen.

I stared at that food and the champagne and all the roses, the golden goblets and the crown of diamonds... and my eye landed on that million in cash, stacked high as fuck and neatly on a gold platter. And then stacked neatly right beside the feast and the cash -- was the fucking 100 pounds of weed and twenty bricks of cocaine that Marquan was sittin' on when DJ killed him. I stared at that cocaine. There sat the twenty bricks of cocaine that conveniently disappeared from Doe Dupont's fucked up shipment.

Marquan and his crew had cut up my shit to stretch it, and they licked me for twenty fucking bricks when my shipment hit Miami. DJ was right.

I stared at that lil bit of Marquan's blood, spilled out on the top two pounds of weed.

And I just screamed out in a black ass rage. Like a fucking lunatic. How dare they make me look bad to DJ, like I can't cut it or hold it down!!

"AAAAARRRRRGH!!!" I screamed out and scared them damn maids that DJ left with me in that panic room, half to gotdamn death. And then I saw that note. And I picked it up, and I listened to the recording DJ had left for me, like the note had instructed. And DJ's voice came out of that recorder.

"I do not give a fuck or care what I do. I weeel always. Protect you weeth my life. Now, do you see? I am the king and your husband, and that shit you did using O should never have even crossed your mind, Blood. So you sit there. Like my queen. Like my lady. And you learn how to represent me weeth entire, total devotion. As I DO YOU! Before you meek me keel you Jetta. Mother of my sons. I love you, my Africa. You? Are my only love, I keep telling you thot shit no matter what I hov to fuck yo stay out of king shit! On hol' it da fuck down. Like my lady, do you hear me good? And do not keel the helpers. It weel only make your stay longer. Keepers of the throne."