Chapter (9): MEETING MAURICIO

"I am that bitch for real for real. Going hard as a rock..." POWER

BABY KEESHA'S POV CONTINUED

Brick bitches, we sell and move big drugs and walk the walk when our niggas are in a pinch, and when no one else will or can. And we never get credit for it. I get it. But Kayla is so on edge about this meeting and ready to prove herself and avenge my daddy, I hope that Starbuck's helps her crazy ass out. Made us stop and wait on her ass, this bitch is addicted to Starbuck's – and to my damn daddy. I shake my head at her when she gets back in.

Lost in a maze of thoughts, I hardly notice the route we're taking as the evening sets in, while Kayla and I silently ride in the limo that Mauricio sent for us. Even though it's a corporate attorney's limo, Omi and my other sons checked it thoroughly before they even let the car inside Kayla's gate. We trust nothing, so we still don't talk, being extra careful. Which gives me plenty of time to wonder what the fuck my sons are up to this time.

DJ is here, and Tutty is too, and Tutty knows that DJ is here and that his father is not. That's why Tutty called me, his voice sounding all angry. And he was so rude and confident about coming home to our house without even an apology. And DJ told Kayla to use me to help her out. It's something up. I force calm and focus, pushing down my yearning to see DJ's face.

Riding along this Los Angelas highway, with four of my sons and Kayla's security team following closely behind us, I wonder where DJ is, and if the Feds or the DEA are following us too...

"Police. Just gone be a part of yo life. I'm sorry. But -- We did the best we could. We were just two gangsters, some young hustlers from the streets that fell in love. Me and Bobby. We made the best of our circumstances, and we raised you the best we knew how. While we fought to stay on top and out of prison. Never dreamed I would make it this far. Or live, even this long. And I apologize. For all my mistakes," my daddy told me. I look over, and tears are running down Kayla's face. She dabs at them.

"Kayla. I'm praying so hard for us right now, and for you to at least just – be able to hold on, through all this grief and pain. It's so hard. I know," I whisper to her, and Kayla nods, still dabbing at her face wit that makeup sponge. I squeeze her other hand and she nods again, and forces composure. I do too.

"He's alive. Isn't he?" she whispers, barely audible.

"What? Who?" I watch Kayla's lips.

"Bitch don't-- Baby Keesha. Don't play with me. You're not crying. You don't feel like I feel. When I know you love, just like I love. And I know my damn first cousin. He gave you the power. And I know he's not dead," she whispers to me about Derikk, and my stomach kinda drops.

"Where is he, tell him to help me!" she hisses-

"What?! Girl- He's dead! Now calm the fuck down," I hiss back with my heart thumping. Kayla just presses her lips together and throws on dark glasses to hide the pain. We pass the Warner Center block as the sun quickly sets, and Kayla and I both gaze up at this sleek building located in the heart of the business district of Woodland Hills, when the limo slows up and turns... Law offices.