Chapter (12): A SECRET ROOM

"I could do this for hours and hours and hours... that pussy gives me superpowers.." Muni Long featuring August Alsina 

" Muni Long featuring August Alsina 

KEESHA'S POV 

Two hours passed by slow as hell, while I watched my sons discuss plans in Afrikaans, following Derikk's instructions from the drive that I handed them – about the security of these grounds, how to get the money he wired them, how and when to deliver certain messages to certain people among other things. And the upkeep of our California and Georgia properties. And then I finally made it down to this secret area of our house with Bobby, and I handed her over to her daddy.

"Jetta is fine. Trust. And Toyia's shit is deeper than that. Keevia is all about having a family and knowing that she's included in ya'll family – And you got yo Grandmama Reva Baptiste's house, and plus you got half Lula Mae Bradley's house. Then you got a quarter of the Bradley Estate too. That's really what Toyia mad about, I guarantee it. It's the house," Derikk tells me what I already know. I shrug.

"I grew up on the Bradley Estate. And she got Candy Coated. The shop and the show when I'm the one he taught how to paint cars, that shit hurt me. Deep. But I feel like ain't nobody gonna be all the way satisfied. He's dead and he was a dog with his messy self. And it just hurts," I keep it real. My man just nods. And I push down the bullshit and get all warm and fuzzy, watching Derikk cradle our baby, while I savor Beluga's caviar on tiny toast with sour cream.

I reach for my knife after crumbling chicharron onto this Grand Velas taco, the finest of Mexican cuisine. And I savor the moment. Knowing not to bring up Tutty, and not bringing up no more business or no more family problems until he does it first. He needs peace.

"More liqueur Monsieur?" Dalvin bows to my husband as Derikk gently lays our sleeping bubbly bundle of love in her hammock. Bobby sleeps soundly in the crook of her daddy's arm like it's her safe place, and her eyes pop open when he lets her go. Our baby is amazingly smart and alert, she knows exactly who her daddy is. Dalvin smiles as he waits patiently for Derikk to handle Bobby. Glad to see Derikk, just like the rest of us, Dalvin is pulling out all the stops. He gestures at Derikk's glass again.

"Yeah, another glass of Hen, thanks man, and bring me my smokes- oh-- and for my beautiful wife. Bring the dessert I ordered," Derikk adds, and I smile under romantic lighting, steaming hot in my skin and a silky sarong while I eat this deliciousness and succulent steak... Blissfully watching my satisfied baby, grabbin' at her daddy's face, while I suck on the scrumptious shrimp falling off the top of my steak.

I watch his throat move when he drinks and I heat up—and Derikk looks up at me with a tiny smile and sets my soul on fire, like he can read my mind. I want some more of that dick. But my husband turns his eyes back to Bobby instead, and he opens his mouth and captures me with his voice.

"Beautiful. I just want you to know. You're my favorite girrrl. Woah oh a oh oh," he sings to Bobby with so much passion, singing Snoop Dogg's song in a perfect falsetto. And it sends a chill down my spine. My baby stares back at her daddy in amazement, watching his mouth... and I love him so much in this moment it's crazy. While he sings to Bobby, I savor this serenade as much as she does. Until Bobby falls right back to sleep like she was drugged. Derikk smiles at our baby, laying her back down.