Work

Tom's pov
It's the next morning. I wake up slowly to my bedroom. I push off my blue covers and sat up and went to shower, dress, brush my hair and teeth then the morning announcements go off, saying to wake up and get ready for work.. I would leave my room, first times no one's been at my door, I grab my tablet thing and I left for reds office, soon arriving after too many stairs, I opened the door. Red leader looks at me and sighs "knock Thomas" he simply said and I ignore him and walked in. He watched as he set his pen down. Looks like he was filling out some paperwork. Looking at it looks like it's about shipping material or something. Kinda hard to read from here... "Thomas, the schedule?" He looks at me, raising an eyebrow. I think I zoned out- "oh right, of course-" he grabbed the tablet and searched up the schedule for today. I give him a basic summery of today's work. It looks all boring, it's all tedious, stupid... why would anyone wanna wake up six in the morning and do this bullshit till goin to bed, and as far as I can tell red always goes to bed around 8 to 12.. "Thabk you thomas" and he looks away. Combining his paperwork and so I stood baside him. And this is my job... following this guy around all day and taking notes, and I guess protecting the guy if theres an attack.. I'm not sure if I'd actually protect him if an attack actually accord..

We go to multiple meetings, do boring paperwork, then go to the training grounds to watch over the soldiers, then theres lunch. Just all boring things really. After all that were back in his office doing paperwork again...

"Thomas?" I look at him "I wanna see how your doing...? I know this might be hard for you, the whole kidnapping, being put somewhere that's not home, dealing with new people and being unsure about your friends safty and... well- I just want to see if your fine? I guess... it's a lot to handle?"

This asshole

"Obviously I'm not okay, because of all that stuff and having to deal with you.." I admit. He glances away ".... I won't hurt them, your friends... your not giving me a reason to so I wont." He said. I frown "I have no reason to trust your word, since I've met you you've only ruined my life- plus I don't even really know you-!" I said with a huff. He looks away in thought. I crossed my arms and looked away... honestly whats going through this mans head. Asking me how I am- and just- whatever...

"Tord" I look at him confused "what?" I muttered "That's my name Thomas.. Tords my name. Though don't be telling anyone-" I look at him, raising an eyebrow "Why are you telling me this. Tord?" I huffed "Well I cant have someone working so close to me without having at least a bit of their trust Thomas. You said you didnt really know me and that's a reason not to trust me. So I told you my name.." he said. I sighed "that doesn't help.. your name isn't who you are, All I know is red leader even so just a small bit..... and I don't know tord..." I glanced away. He sighs "I see.. well then why don't you get to know me? I'll find some time for us to.. get to know eachother. Okay?" I frown "I don't want to hangout with you red..." he frowns at that "Well I'm makin it a part of your job so too bad" he chuckled and looks away. I roll my eyes and looked away.

I swear he just asked me on a weird ass date... yea hell no.. not that I have a choice.

I dont get why he wants me to have any trust with him. Even if im working with him he knows theres no way I'd risk my friends saftey... so I just dont see the point in this behavior.. he must be planning something...?

I stayed baside red through out the whole day even when it was my break time, sorta, my time to relax for a few minutes, go to my room or whatever I was told to stay in his office and watch him to paperwork..

Over all what I'm saying is my day was boring and full of work. But nothing I can't handle. I did see pat and Mr eyebrows during lunch. That was good I guess. I do like them decently enough, their.. buddies? I guess.. they are friendly so.. anyway the day was long and tedious but simple. Doing paperwork, doing basically whatever red leader asks of me and just kind of acting like this is my job. Being somewhat professional, I feel like I have to. Partly because I have a feeling where if I'm working have to give 100% thats the way I was raised. Do good at work, listen to your boss, even if ya hate them, hate the job and everything about it you have to do your best. even if its something as simple as taking notes for a random conversation between two people for your boss, AKA red leader, while he was talking to some woman at the training corders (This was my first time seeing this area full, thats a lot of soliders..) hed have me take notes of their conversation. Honestly almost all the conversations hed have with others I'd have to take notes. I guess shaving an outside perspective may help him think about the conversation in more details or something, because he also asked me to put in my personal thoughts too. Like small comments.. It was fine, doing all the work, nothing I hadnt worked on before with my father or past jobs.

Either way this was a long day and passed midnight i was allowed to retreat to my room. So thats what I did. took a shower. Changed into something more comfortable and laid down and finally went to rest after a long ass day..

___________________________________________________
1035 words, Sorry for not uploading btw. Been super lazy/busy soooo :)