Training

Tom's pov
A few days go by and I'd get better acquainted with pat and Paul, I was kind of mad at Paul before but once getting to know him better I kind if dropped that. I know he was only following orders when kidnapping me so I guess in a way I forgave him, he and pats became.. friends of some sort I guess.. their calming and supported me over app plus during training they always kept me when needed and give complements and things, I dunno, their nice......

It was Sunday, my last day of training, I was stretching in the training room, pat was taking notes "so Tom, how's it going here? I know you'd prefer not to be here but- I don't know.." I look at him "hm.. I could be worse... I do hate red leader though. For forcing this all on me... and perhaps other people too? Speaking about that how'd you and Paul end up here?" I ask. Paul crosses his arms "We knew red leader before he became- well red leader... we were close, I guess...?" Paul muttered. I blinked in surprise "oh-" pat nods "and so he ended up asking us to join him and well... we agreed. He was out best friend after all- but over time he sorta.. changed.. I guess the power as red leader caused him to change.. but we can't just- leave.. we still care for him plus leaving the army usually means death so- we like being alive-" he sighs and Paul just nods. Lighting a cigarette. I nod and looked away "I'm still confused why red chose me, I mean- why can't one of you be his assistant? Or someone else he trains? Why me?"

"Well he wants everyone in the world that's strong to be apart of the army. He said it'd be a waist of a strong man.. he said he was surprised you weren't in the army or anything with the skills you already had.." Paul sighs and I nodded "He doesn't see us as humans. Just numbers to add to his army... so what he kills everyone weak?" I ask. Pat shakes his head "if he did that who would he role over? Everyone strong is in the army in one way or the other. Half of the week is killed like the old or mentally damaged then the rest is given homes I guess... he's just tryna make the world exactly how he wants it to be, I guess... well, anyway let's finish up some training and then you can rest early. Tomorrow's your first day-"

I nod and we got back to training, I ran on the track. Doing better than last time I ran it. I worked out like push-ups, pull ups, sit ups, basically all the ups. Heh, then I did close up combat with some other soldier I didn't know, he was tall. Taller than me. Black short hair. A few freckles and he was muscular. I was able to pin him down under me at the end. Hand around the back of his nack, my other hand pining both his wrists on the floor. He grunts and pat claps his hands "alright alright. That's all Thomas, let the poor man go" he chuckled. I nodded and packed off him. The guy coughed and sighs "Damn I need to train more" He'd mutter under his breath as he stretched and left.

"So anything else we doin today?" I asked. Paul sighs

"No no, thats all for today. Though I got a text from red. He wants you to shower up or whatever then go to his office..." he said. I'd nod "sure sure, let's go then-" pat followed. Waving Paul off. I see a smile come off pats lips. Hm.

"You like him, don't you?" I ask, pat blinks and his cheeks turn pink "o-oh, paul-? What, no-?" He blinks. I sigh "heh it's obvious, you do like him?" I smiled. Pat looks away and crosed his arms "mh.. he's cute, okay?" I chuckled, cute isn't a word I'd think of Paul being. "Heh sure, well good luck with that. I did notice Paul seems more calm around ya so there's a possibility of him sharing the same feelings?" I said. For some reason giving pat hope about this. Pat smiles and nods at me.

Honestly in a way pat reminds me of edd and Matt mixed, he's calming. Gives good vibes and is sweet like edd, then a bit silly and brightens the mood like Matt. Maybe that's why I came to like pat so easily. And he did help me calm myself around Paul.

"Heh thanks pat. For helping me relax here.. I don't have much of a choice for being here but your Makin it a bit easier-" I said, causing pats smile to brighten the room, damn I need sunglasses. "Heh I'm glad to help- well we're here to your room, so I'll see ya later? We won't be able to hangout as often anymore but we're bound to still see eachother-" pat said and I'd nod. Patting his shoulder before leaving him to go to my room.  I go inside and closed the door, I go to my closet and grabbed a dark blue buttonup and a tie, black slacks, and boxers. I go to my bathroom and turned on the shower. I undressed and got in. Feeling the warm water hit my skin. It makes me relax. I close my eyes and got my hair wet, washing it. What should I do? Am I supposed to just lice the rest of my life here at base? I mean I like pat and Paul but honestly I'd prefer having my old friends back, back at home just having fun little adventures and continuing my job stacking boxes in a truck.. mh.. the hot water makes me think back to my old home, edd always yells at me to get out if the shower.. I have a habit of taking long showers at times. I smile at the memories as I washed my body, removing the sweat off me, I washed my shoulders, chest, arms, sides and legs. Back as much as I could, I washed the soap off and got out of the shower. I dry off and clothed myself.

I walk down the halls and soon arrived to tords office. I knocked "Come in" reds accent was thick, even his accent is hot. Stupid. I go in.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask, tord nods "Yes yes. Come in. I just wanted to ask how everything is, also I wanted to see if you have questions before tomorrow? I already got my schedule so I can tell you what to be looking forward to for tomorrow Thomas." He sat up and looked at me. I nodded and closed the door behind myself. I sat across from him at his desk. Red looks at me.

"So, tomorrow is a simple day, a meeting or two. During meetings I want you to stand baside me and take notes, take notes of the information being given to us and behavior of the other people, just note down anything you think may be important.. then after meetings just give me your notes, and I'll be doing some paperwork and I want you to be here standing baside me. Just making sure everything is in order. If I ask for anything you have to do it. Even if its as simple as asking for some coffee, and aside from those small things all I want is for you to follow me around, always baside me incase I need you. Aside from being my assistant your in a way a body guard as well. So if there's an attack you must fight with me or for me.. speaking about that I want you to always have a gun on you, of course I know you won't attack me. The moment I die caused by you your friends die too." He said. I frowned at most of the work I have to do. Not that it's hard, but I just don't want to be around red leader so fucking much, but what can I do. I just nod "sure sure... I'll do that, anything else?" red shakes his head "that's all Tom, thank you"

I nod and left him to my own room. When I arrived i changed into my hoodie and sweat pants then I'd lay down. I'm still having issues sleeping but I did get an hour or two to rest.. so that's nice......

________________________________________________
1441 words (Hope ye enjoyed :>)