Happiness is a butterfly.

Flashback

The day came to an end as Lydia sat on the cold floor, her arms lingering by her side as she stared into nothingness. Her eyes tracing something that once resembled love. She looked out of the window watching as Jack sat in his car. The engine rumbling through the empty house, a sound that made Lydia feel warm. She loved cars, ever since she was little she had a passion for cars, the smell, the sound, the feeling of the car made her feel warm. She watched as Jack backed from her house's driveway and sped away, the darkness consuming him whole. The lights slowly dying in the distance.

She sat there unable to move, unable to make a sound. The warm blood dripped from her cheeks onto her shirt, it dried up, slowly but efficiently. She looked back at the bed that once held two bodies that were pulled together by a magnetic force. She watched the two bodies laugh and cuddle keeping the room warm and full of happiness.

Oh to be happy again. That's all Lydia wished. She wished to be happy. She wished to be the little girl in love with her best friend. She wanted to be in his warm hands, his skin soft glazing hers. That sent shivers down her spine. Her body jolted as she stood up. Her head spinning making it all go black. She held on strong as her vision came back. She walked past the bed deleting the two people from her vision. Her eyes landed on a guitar in the corner of her room. It made her smile.

A small weak smile spread on her lips, it made her happy. She remembered those night he would play for her. She remembered all those times she fell asleep as he gently stroked the guitar strings, the soft melody humming through her room, a nice warm echo hitting her ears. She felt safe again. She closed her eyes humming the melody he used to play. The moment replaying in front of her, his wide smile as she sang the words softly. She remembered it all.

But then the hate hit her again. The hatred filled her heart as she opened her eyes. The two people once happy were now gone. The memory pushed back into a little drawer at the back of her head. She remembered all the tears she cried over Tom, and they were not happy tears.

Oh God everyone knew how depressed she was. After he left she refused to eat, sleep, drink even move. She stayed in the same position for hours and hours on end. Her body slowly losing all the muscles. She lied for days and week and month in the bed. Her body tired, drained and desperately trying to be touched. It missed his touch and she hated that the most.

She hated how sweet he was to her, she hated how he made her feel. She hated she agreed to be friends with him, she hated her heart for falling in love with him. She hated her life for being mixed up with his. She hated him to the point she couldn't get enough.

That happiness she once held was now gone. It flew away like a butterfly, she tried to catch it every night but it was to no appeal.

It was gone. Just as he was.

__________________________________

Don't forget to vote!!☺️