gay awakening

Leighton searches the entire beach to find Kimberly, sitting on a literal rock a little way out by the water.

"Seriously?" mumbles Leighton, huffing in annoyance.

She calls out to her not wanting to climb up to her, but Kimberly is so engrossed in a phone call that she doesn't notice her.

"Kimberly, I swear to God. Could you please get off that rock so the others don't think we've fallen off the face of the earth," she shouts louder, waving furiously, but Kimberly continues to look out to sea, grinning, not moving from her position.

"Kimberly," Leighton groans as she tries to climb up there, but her shoes keep slipping off.

They're definitely not made for climbing in the slightest, let alone standing for that long, but in her defense, she wanted to look cute and really didn't expect to have to do something like this in the middle of the night.

She continues to struggle against the wall, anger flaring up with every failed attempt.

"Leighton? What are you doing?" Kimberly asks, amused, when she notices her.

"I'm trying to reach you! What took you so long to notice me?" she asks reproachfully.

"I just spent ten minutes struggling with that stupid rock Kim. What are you doing up there anyway?"

"Really?" asks Kimberly guiltily.
"I was talking to Canaan. I'm really sorry, Leigh."

"It's fine, Kim," Leighton says more calm, feeling bad when she sees the crestfallen look on her face.
"Please just come down there so we can join the others, please."

Kimberly nods, still unsure, and carefully makes her way down. She slips on a wet spot and barely manages to keep her balance, and it drives Leighton crazy that she can't do anything.

"god please be careful, Kim," she says worriedly, and Kimberly looks up and halters.

"Don't worry Leighton. It's actually not that slippery," she tries to calm her and continues on her way off the rock, which in Leighton's opinion is far too big to be on a beach where people like Kimberly decide it's a good idea to climb on it.

On her last step, Leighton stretches out her hands to stabilize her as best she can and sighs with relief when Kimberly is back on solid ground.

"Please don't ever do that again," Leighton says, pulling her into a hug that ends as abruptly as it began, but Kimberly can tell she cares.

"I won't," she reassures her.

"Good, then let's go. After this, I really need a drink," Leighton says and Kimberly giggles as she's pulled back towards the fire.

"What exactly is your plan?" Kimberly asks, confused, as she follows Leighton through the crowd to the other side of the fire.

"The others went to the bar, so we're going there too," Leighton explains and Kimberly proceeds to follow her with no protest.

"Man. Where are they?" says Leighton and lets her eyes wander over the bar. She has a slight uneasy feeling, but she shakes it off when Kimberly pulls her towards two bar stools.

"They're probably off dancing. Let's get that drink you wanted," she says, waving to a brunette bartender.

"What would you like?" Kimberly asks as the brunette makes her way over to them.

"I'll take whatever you're having," Leighton says inattentively as she looks around.

Kimberly nods in understanding and starts a conversation with the tatted-up brunette smiling at them both. She seems nice, but Leighton's phone is vibrating so she has no time to listen to their conversation.