☆ welcome back to Essex ☆

"Leighton?" her dad was trying to get her attention. Leighton gave him a forced smile.

"Yeah, dad. What's up?"

She really loved her father, but the drive to Essex had been long and she needed a break.

"I completely forgot to tell you that Tatum's father asked if we would like to have dinner with them again. Since you two are still friends I agreed right away."

She silently cursed and ran her hand through her hair.

"I'm already looking forward to it."

"Me too" He grinned from ear to ear. It was nice to see him happy, but Leighton knew she would have to tell him the truth soon. She was quite good at acting but the awkwarness between her and Tatum was too obvious.

"Are you excited about who's coming to your room instead of Bela?"

"no, not really."

Bela had told them a few days ago that she had changed colleges, but Leighton still didn't understand why.
Bela had often been too much but Leighton would honestly miss her.
Not that she would ever tell her that. She would never give her that satisfaction.

After they had found a parking spot, they went inside the college and headed towards Leighton's new room.

"Leighton, wait up", Kimberly said walking towards them.

She hugged her.

K: Gosh. I'm so glad to see you.

She fiddled with her hair.

L: Is everything okay? You seem nervous.

K: Yes, everything is fine.

She looked around uncertaintly.

L: Kimberly, what's going on?

Kimberly looked at Leighton's father and then at her.

K: Uh..

Leighton understood that she wasn't gonna talk infront of her father.

L: Dad, thank you for walking me here.

Her father took the hint and nodded.

"Alright. I'm gonna leave you two alone. Have fun girls. I love you Leighton."

L: love you too dad. Drive save.

"Always"

L: So wha...

She couldn't finish her sentence because Kimberly pulled her into their new room and slammed the door.

"What the hell Kimberly. This is a new outfit and you almost ruined it."

"I kissed Canaan" she exclaimed.

Leighton looked at her in shock.

"WHAT?"

"I feel horrible. I was going to tell Whitney but by then I had already lied and said that nothing had happened and"

"Kimberly."

"and I didn't want to do it over text, because it wasn't just a dumb kiss. He really means a lot to me and"

"KIMBERLY. CAN YOU PLEASE JUST STOP TALKING"

Kimberly flinched.

"Sorry. I just ... I don't know what to do"

She dropped onto the sofa.

"When was it?"

"When was what?"

"THE KISS Kimberly, when was it?"