19

Wow...

Everyone who stared at Eruhaben's nest covered in gold, could only be amazed.

Then they talked about the elf village, Eruhaben's current condition, being Raon's teacher, and Cale's current condition.

"Did you know this?"

Cale asked with a sharp gaze.  Bern always knows everything like walking Google, doesn't he?

Bern smiled gently and nodded.

"If I say that, you might get panicked."

So Bern decided not to tell Cale until he found the fire of destruction that Cale said he would get.

But he didn't have the right time to do that.

Whenever he wants to tell Cale, someone will talk to Cale about something, so, he just back off. Cale is his soulmate, no way he died that easily.

"How could this punk not know about that when he almost died because he tried moving an ancient power to another place? This punk is just crazy."

Eruhaben sighed tiredly remembering that.

Finally, Eruhaben handed over the letter that Zyon had left for Bern since there was nothing to discuss anymore.

[To: Bern Kaylith.]
[From: Zyon Mark.]

Just looking at the handwriting, Bern knew it was Zyon's writing.

Bern's hands were stiff and he didn't want to know the contents of the letter.

?

The children held Bern's shoulders with their sweet smiles.

Ghost Basen hung onto Cale's neck with a smile.

Cale, who was shamelessly sitting close next to him that he leaned on Bern's shoulder, wanted to see the contents of the letter.

Bern sighed softly, smiled, and started to open the letter.

Was it a curse word, or a feeling of disappointment?

At least he wasn't alone to read it.

Trying to calm himself, Bern starts reading the letter.

[If you're reading this, that means I'm dead, right?  ^▽^]

Just seeing the first stretch made Bern's eyes turn red.

His writing style that likes to joke and create emotion at the end of the letter which means for Bern...

It was a letter from Zyon...

No matter is that formal letter or not, Zyon never made it serious for Bern.

[Whatever happens, don't blame yourself for my death.  If you do that, I will curse you to have no teeth in your old age!  (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈)]

Bern's hand holding the letter trembled.  It would be funny if Zyon were still alive.

But that only made Bern miss the punk even more.

Cale held Bern's hand that trembling gently. That makes Bern calm down more.

[Ahem, Bern, I don't believe that you are dead, as long as I haven't found your body.  I will not give up looking for your body and giving it a proper burial if you are really dead.]

It finally looks as serious as the last letter.

[For 10 years, I never gave up looking for your whereabouts.  I believe you are still alive, no matter what.]