5

They continued on their journey. 

All the way, Bern doesn't interact with other people if there is no need to.

Bern preferred to stay in the carriage while reading all the books about magic if he finished his training on Basen's body.

'How can there be someone as diligent as him when they know they died if it success?'

Cale just looking at it could feel tired.  Basen's body wasn't much different from Cale's, so doing that training must have been very taxing on Basen's body.

Cale saw the ghost of Basen who looked like he would faint any minute, knowing that Bern was very tired at the moment.

Not long after, a commotion occurred when Cale's group set up the tent.

- What's that?

Basen peeked out looking curious when Cale smiled seeing that.

"Bern, come out for a moment. Looks like you have to take care of this."

Bern continued to stay on the carriage without wanting to take any fresh air.

Cale even went out to stretch his legs or body for a while before returning to the carriage. At least he gets some fresh air!

Kreek...

The carriage door opened as Bern had his usual calm face.

Even though Basen's face is ordinary, Berm's expression looks charismatic, it can make people around him subconsciously respect him.

It made Basen's face look more handsome than usual.

"What is it?"

Bern asked as he knew that Cale should be able to take care of everything himself.

If he couldn't, Venion wasn't much of an opponent then.

"It seems that big brother from Venion wants to set up a tent here too. I want you to make the decision."

Cale smiled as he purposely told Bern to work.

Bern looked unconcerned as he approached Taylor's carriage with Cale.

"Ah, hello, my name is Taylor Stan, and this is Cage, the priest of the temple of the god of death. Can we stay here for the night?"

Taylor looked polite as he looked at Basen who was advancing when Cale was just looking at him.

"I'm sure you know we're from the Henituse family."

Bern doesn't like small talk even empty remarks for first greetings.  And Bern doesn't want to say he's Basen.

He's not Basen Henituse.

He is Bern Kaylith, the person who stole Basen's body this time.

However, Bern's calm but cold way of speaking made Taylor break out in a cold sweat.

Cale just raised his eyebrows at the tone Bern used. It was the first time he heard Bern use a other tone than calm tone.

"You can stay here without needing our permission. This is not our land to monopolize."

Bern bows respectfully to Taylor considering that Taylor is still the son of the Marquis, whose status was higher than Basen's.

"You can talk to my hyung for the rest. I'm busy."

Basen turned his body and wanted to return to his carriage.

"Oh Basen, don't be like that! I've been working hard to get you to finally get off the carriage! We should at least eat together, right!?"