3

Bern moved to gather enough herbs and stored them in his spatial bag that he made himself before and back to riding his horse when he felt the 2 knights following him were almost catching up to him.

So Bern got back on his horse and rode down the road.  They have to stay on the road for one night if they travel by carriage.

Because of this, Bern had to ride a horse to arrive at the slum village in the Tolz territory.

  "The road sure changes so much after 100 years..."

  Bern mumbled as he remembered that Tolz territory was just some of the forest before.

-  It's 100 years passed. The human population also rising you know.

Bern smiled gently as he saw the slum village that pointed in the map.

"Yeah... And I'm glad at that."

- ?

Basen is confused as to why it needs to be glad for something like that? Is 680 is the years that the birth rate decreases or something?

'Well, it's not a bad place to make my potion.'

  Since it was peaceful, no one would bother him.

.

.

.

- Wow, you are really skilled at making potions.  They are all high-grade potions.

Basen seemed amazed as he held one. And it doesn't contain any garlic at all.

- Are you a vampire that you refuses to eat anything that has garlic in it?

Basen cannot take his eyes away from all the high-level healing potions that were so beautiful when they glowed in the dark.

It was even the highest-level potion that Basen had ever seen.

"The rumors about vampires are completely exaggerated. If vampires are really weak to garlic, why are they still around to this day?"

Bern smiled softly finding it funny how rumors about vampires were still believed by all human beings till now.

- So, it's not true?

"Real vampires don't get weak from garlic and they can even walk under the sun just fine. They only need blood if they get hurt."

Bern explained well considering he had met the vampire race several times.

- Hnm, so that's how it is... They're the same as humans in the end, huh?

"Yes."

Bern stored the last potion in his spatial bag before leaving the inn to get some fresh air while waiting for Cale's group.

After this, he might travel by carriage if they brought his carriage.

But he also has no problem riding a horse.

Bern climbed the tree easily and lay down on the tree.

- Ugh... My noble image...

  Where do you want to find that noble's son that climbs a tree?

Bern didn't care about Basen as it feels peaceful lying on a tree with big branches.

Without realizing it, Bern fell asleep.

.

.

Calliup, Calliup.

Bern woke up when he heard the sound of horse hooves.