11

Seeing Bern who was gloomy unlike his usual calm self, Cale sighed internally.

Cale was sure that Bern was ready to find out that his friend was no longer around in this era.

But he didn't expect that his friend would end up like that.

That was enough for Cale to know that everything written in the history book apart from the ending of Bern's friend's life was bullshit.

Bern wasn't stupid enough not to predict this if he knew his friend's attitude.

Cale took a deep breath, thinking about ways to persuade Bern.

'What did I want to hear most at that time...?'

Isn't that your fault?

Cale didn't feel like he could say that while he was also still in Bern's position.

The guilt that tied him down... Cale couldn't bring himself to say that to Bern.

It felt like the grim reaper scythe was around his neck for Cale to say that.

After a few seconds, Bern closed his eyes, took a deep breath, returning to his usual calm self.

"Thank You."

!?

Bern said that softly making Cale startled.

Bern could see Cale's anxious eyes trying to persuade him even when he had a stoic face.

"Listening to me when you don't have to, thank you."

Bern smiled sincerely at Cale.

!

Cale's face heated up as he looked at the floor.

'I never understood him.  It was hard to read his face!'

Cale remembered how people always had a hard time reading his face.

But Bern can do it easily when they are not that close!

Badump! Badump!

'Oh, please!  You can't feel this when Bern is sad!'

Cale took a deep breath trying to calm himself.

"How about we see your old house? I'm sure it will be beautiful."

Cale tried to find a topic to divert his focus from his rapidly beating heart.

Bern raised his eyebrows at that.

"........"

Cale felt like hitting himself.

'You stupid! Idiot! Bern's house must be in the Whipper Kingdom!  Otherwise, his home is the magic tower!  They are now facing a civil war, you fool!'

Cale's face turned even redder thinking about the stupid thing he did.

Bern looked elsewhere.

'Ahh, did I hurt him further...?'

What if Bern hated him?

"Ffft..."

?

Cale looked toward Bern, who seemed to be hearing him chuckle for the first time!

"Hey? Are you laughing? Hey, show me."

Cale smiled when he saw Bern who was chuckling and avoiding seeing Cale's face.

"Sure. If the villa is no longer there, I can show you where the land where my villa was once located. Zyon gave it to me as a gift."

Bern looks better now.