13

Some time passed, they all made preparations to go to the Whipper Kingdom.

It's earlier than Cale deal with Toonka.

That was because Cale had to take Bern around to explore the land that used to be his.

Basen was also busy doing his work when he got his body even for a day.

Bern can do it efficiently, but Basen still has to practice his skills in that regard.

When Bern was in ghost form, Basen told him to just follow Cale.

But whatever Cale did, Bern never responded the way Cale wanted.

But It's not Cale if he just gives up like that. (He even tries his best even though his slacker life already left him. 🙃)

"We are all ready, young master. We will move to the Ubar territory and then board the ship. We will move straight to the Whipper kingdom by ship."

Hans gave Cale the details of their trip.

"Do you two really have to go?"

Deruth still looked worried about that.  It wasn't just Cale who left, but Basen also followed him.

Cale smiled and grabbed Basen's shoulder.

"Father, don't worry. I can protect Basen well."

Basen also nodded in agreement.  Moreover, they have Bern.  Even in ghost form, Bern was still the strongest person there, or at least on par with Choi Han.

Bern who is in ghost form, sees Lily who has a sad face, get closer and kisses her forehead.

!?

Cale was shocked to see that.

'Why are you doing that!?'

Cale asks with his eyes.

Bern just smiles as some light appears on Lily's forehead before it disappears.

- It's just a protection spell. I used to give it to children when I left them. The same as blessings.

Bern understands Cale eyes, and answers with a calm face.

'Now I want to be a kid.'

Cale subconsciously touches his bangs on the forehead.

Bern smiled as he used his finger to poke Cale's forehead.

Cale can feel the warmth from Bern's touch as some light appears on Cale's forehead.

- I'm not just kissing to give some blessing.

"........."

Cale cheek turned red as he heard that the damage on Cale's heart was more severe since Bern had his real face, not Basen's!

Whatever happens, they all wave goodbye to Cale and Basen and continue on their journey to the land that was experiencing their civil war.

.

.

.

After several days, Cale finally arrived at the Whipper Kingdom.

- We're back in your homeland, why were you more busy with your book than the views?

Ghost Basen looked at Bern who was reading a book with a tiring face.

Bern raised his head, looking at the archipelago that was once his birthplace.

Bern's eyes were calm like a lake.

'Basen, the more you know, the more guilt will haunt you.'

?

Basen was confused.  Bern is a good person.  Why does he feel guilty about what happened in the past?